Fish Bowl

Kay POV
Chapter //42//

    It felt like I was down there on that floor for days but it was only 2 hours. I laid there with the world moving around me. It felt like my mom dying all over again. The fact that I can't protect my kids from anything. Even if I tried. The fact that one day someone can try to take your child's life and all you can do is stand by and watch.

  "Kay!",My dad tapped me.

"No!",I groaned shoving him. " Just leave me here!"

"Baby I know you're hurting but you need to be strong for Estuko and your other kids!",he sat next to me.

"My baby!",I cried uncontrollably. "She's back there and I don't know what to do dad. What have I done so wrong dad? Why do I keep getting attacked?",I sat there with my head down.

"I don't know Kay but you have to find the good in everything. I didn't raise you like this!",He cleared his throat getting.

   I watched my dad walked away and disappear around the corner. Me and him handle things way differently. I laid my head down crying.

Kevin POV

   I cleared my throat walking to the bathroom.  I walked in the men's room letting my tears flow. I don't know why the devil was after Kay so much. I walked inside the stall locking it. If anyone came in here I don't want them to see me like this. I heard the door open and someone yell. I heard someone hit the wall. When I opened the door it was George.

"My bad!",He tried to not cry but I could see the pain in his eyes.

"Give me a hug son!",I extended my arms and he walked into my arms crying.

"God has the last say so!", I  patted his back.

"My kids they all I have!",He retorted. "Niggas out here trying to take them from me!",He started getting angry again.

"It's okay to be upset just don't let the kids see you like this!", he wiped his face walking out the bathroom.

Kay's POV

  I sat in a chair finally. My dad was right. I don't want my kids to see me like this. I have to stay strong for them. I watched as doctors walked by. Not once did anyone stop to tell me information about my daughter.

"Mrs.Moore!",The doctor walked up to me.

"Yes!",I looked around to see no one. I was expecting George or someone to be here.

"The bullet hit Estuko's shoulder blade. We have to take her in immediate surgery because the bullet in moving down instead of out. It's making its way to her spine!"

"Okay so is she okay? Can I go see her?",I tried walking in the back but she stopped me.

" I don't think that best. We're prepping her for surgery",She flashed a weak smile.

"So what are the risks of the surgery?",I threw my hands down signing.

"The swelling around her spine can be permanent. Meaning she may not be able to walk again!", the doctor face softened.

"Okay. Okay!",I held my tears back sniffling.

"I'll be back to let you know anymore information I have!",She left heading back where she came from.

I walked onto the elevator and my knees started to get weak. I don't know what was coming over me. My vision started getting blurry and soon after I fainted. I woke up in an hospital bed.

  "Hello Mrs.Moore!",A fine ass doctor came in.

   "What happened?",I groaned.

"You my friend fainted in the elevator because you were dehydrated but you're stable now. Which is awesome!", He flashed a smile.

"My daughter. I need to go see her!",I jumped up.

"Estuko, right?",He looked unsure.

"Yeah that's her!",I shook my head nervously.

"I'm sorry but something went wrong with her surgery. She didn't make it!",He started laughing  satonically.

End of Kay's Dream
__________________________________

   I woke up laying in an hospital bed. I looked to my left to see my dad. Who was sleep. I stood up walking into the hallway. It was peaceful besides the doctors running back and forth so I knew it was early morning.

   I walked into the waiting room to see George talking to a officer. It was one of the guys from last time which was shocking. I could've sworn he was a homicide detective so instantly the tears started rolling.

"Noooo. George. No!",I collapsed to the ground crying. "My baby!"

"Kay. Estuko is fine. She got out of surgery an hour ago. He came here to talk to me about uncs death!",He grabbed me. I knew if I didn't act shock he would get suspicious.

"What?",I started crying even harder. "What do you mean George?"

"We found his body inside a warehouse burned beyond recognition. We had to get some dental work to identify the body. I'm so sorry for your lost. I'll check up on you guys later on this week.",He was hesitant to shake hands with George but did so anyways.

  George helped me off the floor and I wiped my eyes once I was up.

"Can I see her?",I looked around.

"Yeah come on let's go!",He entwined his fingers in mine heading up the hallway.

   We pasted a couple of rooms until we finally made it to room 222. I could see my baby through the window sleeping. I stood there for a second before entering the room with George. I let go of his hand pulling a chair next to Estuko.

   "Baby I'm so sorry. I should've protected you!",I held her hand trying not to cry.

It was machines everywhere. I wasn't sure what any of these were for but they're clearly needed. I looked back to see George standing against the door with his head down.

"I want you to know Mommy loves you and I'll do anything  for you. I'm going to quit singing. It's just going to be you, your sister, you brother, your daddy, and me.",I started sniffling.

     I brushed her hair back from her face and watched how peaceful she was. I can't believe that I put my kids in this kind of danger by following my dreams.

"I don't think you should do that Kay!",He signed.

"And why not? Look at my baby George!",I retorted.

"I see her too. I'm the only one here with a clear head. You missed out on so much you could've done when you had Aiko, but you owned up to your responsibilities like a grown woman should. I'm not gone front either. I knew what I was doing when I got you pregnant.....",He signed holding his head down.

"But I was selfish and in love. So I did that. I made you a mother way before your time. I watched you struggle. Stayed up late nights listening to you wishing you would've did this and that. Listening to you sing. No I'll stop with I'm doing. I'll be with the kids at all times. We'll find a better house with better security systems. Just don't give up on your dreams"

"You're right!",I looked down at Estuko. "You're right!"

"You are an amazing mom."

Quick Note:  so I know it's been a minute since I last updated. I just want you to know I am truly sorry. I made a commitment when I started writing this book. So I'm going to make sure I follow through with my commitment.