Chapter Twenty-Eight

ابدأ من البداية

I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. Not till I knew she would be okay. The doctor had assured me that she would be fine. I wouldn't believe that till she woke up and I could hold her in my arms. I still had dried blood all over my body since I hadn't bothered with a shower in those six day; I know, very unsanitary; but, I didn't care. My mother had tried to get me to eat, shower or even get some rest. I didn't listen. I couldn't leave her; didn't they understand that? I couldn't even be bothered to go to work.

"Luke?" Layna called from the door

"Yeah?" I said not bothering to look up at her.

"You really need to eat and get some rest." she said staying where she was.

"I'll do that when she wakes up." I said

I heard her sigh before the door closed. Seconds later the door flew open. Startled I looked up to see a very unhappy Gianne. She walked up to me and slapped the back of my head.

"I know it sucks. I know it hurts. But, do you honestly think that Shia would want you to being doing this shit?" she seethed "You think she would be happy that you aren't eating or sleeping? She would kick your ass if she could." she growled "So, get off your fucking ass, take a shower, eat some thing and when your done you can come back in here and sleep. Sleep on the bed next to her if it makes you feel better, but, you need to fucking do it."

She was right and we both knew it. They all were. I nodded solemnly "Okay."

"Good." she said and walked out of the room.

"I'll be back baby." I whispered and kissed Shia on the forehead "I love you."

I grabbed a change of clothes from the dresser and took a long much needed shower. It took a while to scrub off of the crap all over my body, but, I managed. After I was sure that I was clean I got out and got dressed. My steps were slow as I walked out of the room. I didn't want to leave her. I also didn't want a pissed off Gianne coming back into the room.

I walked down into the kitchen where my mom was just finishing up making dinner. She gave me small sad smile, but, said nothing. No one said anything as I took a seat at the table just gave me small smiles that I couldn't return. The empty seat next to me was a vivid reminder that my mate, my love was up in the room. 

My mom placed the food in the middle of the table and everyone made their plates. It was once everyone had made their food that I made mine. I really wasn't in the mood to so I didn't bother making a lot. Dinner was a quiet affair. No one said more than two words to each other. I was the only one who sat there saying nothing. I wasn't feeling it being around all these people who had there mates sitting beside them while I didn't have mine. 

I finihsed quickly and excused myself to go back upstairs. I got into the bed with Shia, laying on my side so I could just look at her. Her face was so pale nothing like the light tan that I was used too. I brushed my fingers against her cold cheek. Like everyday this past week I wished I had gotten to her sooner. Maybe she wouldn't be in this state if I had. Unwillingly my eyes drooped tiredly. I tried my hardest to keep them open, but, I couldn't. Soon enough I was pulled under by the sleep that I needed.

The next morning I woke and did my morning routine before I went and sat next to Shia once again. I held onto her hand like I always did; trying to warm it up between my own hands. I gazed at her beautiful face and paryed that she would wake up. It was already day seven. That's seven says since I had last looked into her beautiful aquamarine eyes. Seven days since I had last heard her say she loved me. Seven days too long.

"How is she?" Ryan asked walking into the room.

"Still the same." I sighed "How much longer do we have to wait?"

"I don't know, the pack doctor isn't sure either. It all depends on her and her wolf." he replied

"I hope it's soon. These last six days have been hell." I said

"I hope so too." Ryan sighed before he left the room.

It was nearly lunch and I was still sitting there looking at her. I was finding it harder and harder to stay awake since I slept last night. A slight twitch of her fingers jolted me. I looked up at her closed eyes and lightly squeezed her hand.

"Wake up for me baby, please." I begged "Come back to me."

Nothing! I laid my head on her hand and fought back the tears that wanted to fall. Again, a slight twitch of her hands and a small groan. I shot up from my seat and pushed her hair away from her face. She moved her head to the side and groaned again. I squeezed her hand again encourging her to open those beautiful eyes that I missed so much.

"Come on, baby, you can do it." I whispered; Slowly her eyes opened causing a huge smile to spread across my face. "Hey, baby."

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Who are you?" she asked

It felt like someone had knocked the air out of my lungs at her words. She doesn't remember me.