SEQUEL: Once Those Hazel Eyes (VIII.)

Start from the beginning

"It's 14,000 things to be happy about." She answered and I looked at the book. It sure is. "It's a really good book when you want to smile and remember the things you've forgotten that made you happy even for once."

I pouted. "Do I not make you happy?" I asked her and she stared at me confused. "That you still need to read that book for you to be happy?"

She smiled warmly. "No actually. Reading indeed is travelling for free because whenever I read this book, it instantly puts me to a place or to the time where I felt that certain kind of happy with you." I gushed when she confessed. She cupped both of my cheeks and it's now on the same level as of hers. "If you're wondering, I don't need 14,000 things for me to be happy, I only need you and it would last a lifetime." She then placed her lips against mine, slowly and quickly.

I stared at her eyes again; a different shade of green in those pools. "I really like it when you wear glasses. It looks good on you." I admitted and she chuckled.

"I like it when you're being honest with me." She countered back.

I playfully slapped her arm and distanced myself from her. "Babe... nooo... I want you closer to me." She cooed and I kept on teasing as I ignored her. "After all the things you've put me through...." She whispered, for me to not hear, but I heard it and that made me look at her. "I'm just kidding babe! But at least, it got your attention." She made faces.

I half- smiled and stood up. When I noticed her discomfort, I carefully sat on her lap. I buried my face on the crook of her neck once again. "Is this close enough, babe?" I whispered seductively on her ear. I heard her sigh and I witnessed her closing her eyes slowly as her hands were holding my back, steadying me.

I placed soft kisses on her neck, down to her collarbone and my hands began roaming around her back. I was straddling her and suddenly, low moans were heard and I wasn't certain if it was hers or mine. I buried her face on my chest and I could feel her warm breath against my skin.

I was about to take her shirt off when she stopped me. She slowly opened her eyes and I stared at her alarmed. "There's no problem, babe." She started off. "This is enough right now. I just want to feel you close. No need for more, babe." She kissed me on the lips tenderly.

I buried my face on her neck as hers was buried on mine too. It was sweet and real at the same time. I couldn't just feel her body against mine but I could hear her heartbeat. We remained like this, in silence, we shared our indebted souls yet again.

----

"Camz! I got you a bear!" Lauren happily and excitedly chased me as I was buying ice cream for the both of us. "Look! It's so cute, isn't it?!" She kept on going.

I devoured my ice cream as she kept on narrating how she bought the bear and how cuddly it was and how much love and effort she put through to get it. I just nodded at her as we kept on walking. Jesus! This ice cream tastes so good!

"Camz," She urged and I nodded once again as I finished off my ice cream. "Camz, are you even listening?" I looked at Lauren and she was already pouting, but she quickly took out a tissue in her pocket and wiped off the mess on the side of my lips.

I smiled at her cheerfully. "Thanks babe."

She quickly nodded and threw off the tissue. It was her turn to ignore me as she kept on walking away from me. I was taken aback and I completely chased her through the crowd. She walked even faster and my pace got faster too.

"Lauren!" I screamed for her name. She didn't look back. "Lauren wait up!" I tried once again but she just walked faster, until she disappeared along with the crowd and I couldn't see her anymore.