Epilogue: Hermione's POV

EPILOGUE:

Hermione's POV:

Watching Alice glide down the aisle was like a dream. Silky white material fluttered in the slight breeze, her golden eyes were shining like the brightest suns and her spiky hair was an inky halo around her head. She was stunning, dressed in a white satin dress-robes embroidered with crystals that flickered different colors with each movement.

As she reached me the look of pure love on her face, combined with the flowing smile escaping her pink painted lips, made tears well up in my eyes, threatening to spill down my face.

She reached out and gently grasped my hands, pulling them up between us, threading our fingers together. Before us Minerva, dressed in the traditional rich purple robes of a minister, started speaking, but her words washed over me, and for once I wasn't listening to my former professor- all I could do, all I could think about, was the tidal wave of emotions I was experiencing. And most prominent of those emtions, my love for the beautiful, radiant creature in front of me. Alice.

And then Alice's rosy lips parted, and she was speaking. "I've waited a hundred years to find my soul mate. Every day I prayed would be the day I found them. Every day I would dream about what they could be like, but each and every dream, pales in comparison to you. You are both nothing like I expected, and everything I could ever have dreamed of. I love you, Hermione. I love you more then I've ever loved anything or anyone in my entire existence. And nothing would make me happier then spending the rest of my existence by your side. When I'm with you, I can't see what my future holds, but I do know, with absolute certainty, that I don't have one without you."

I was crying now, crying silent tears that streamed down my cheeks, half blinding me. Then it was my turn, and I was choking out words. "I was drowning, Alice. I was starting to wonder why I was even trying, trying to be happy, trying to make it through each day. And then I met you. Alice, when I say 'I do', I'm not just repeating words spoken millions of times over. I'm saying I'll be here for you forever. You are the woman of my dreams, my pixie in shining armor, my treasure, and I'm never happier, more at peace or more in love then when I'm with you. I know I'm not perfect, that what we have is about as far from conventional as possible, but I also know that we fit together perfectly, and that when I say I love you, I mean it. I love you."

Alice's eyes are swimming with tears she can't shed, and then Minerva is speaking again. "Do you have the rings?" Harry steps forwards and presents the rings, two slim shining bands of silver, embedded with a row of tiny diamonds that glittered like stars. Although you couldn't see it, I knew that on the inside of the band there was a single Latin phrase etched- In Aeternum. Forever.

It's my turn to speak again, and I have to take a deep breath before I recite the words I memorized the night before. "I, Hermione Jane Granger-Swan, take thee, Mary Alice Branden-Cullen, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, for all of eternity. I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, a symbol that with all that I am, and all that I have, I love you and honor you." My voice shook as I slid the ring onto Alice's dainty finger. Alice smiles, a beaming, radiant smile, before speaking.

"I, Mary Alice Branden-Cullen, take thee, Hermione Jane Granger-Swan, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, for all of eternity. I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, a symbol that with all that I am, and all that I have, I love you and honor you." Alice told me, her eyes a brilliant gold as she looked straight at me, even as her dainty fingers slid a ring onto my own.