Chapter Seventeen: Hermione's POV

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: (dedicated to Jessie_Baby for being such an awesome reader!)

Hermione's POV:

The remainder of Sunday passed quickly. Bella and Edward hung out in her room, while I did some studying. The muggle curriculum was proving to be similar to Hogwarts, in a number of ways, and I was finding it fascinating. I was already anxious about the finals, seeing as I was approximately three terms (plus a few years) behind everyone else, but I was still confident. The subjects I'd chosen were subjects I was good at, and already had a higher then rudimentary knowledge of, albeit in a slightly different manner.

Dinner was a quiet affair. Charlie ordered take-away, seeing as by then my poor jet-lagged sister was practically dead on her feet and certainly in no condition for cooking. And like Charlie, my own knowledge of cooking was rudimentary- I was better when I could use magic to assist me, but that wasn't an option, with my father hanging around.

During dinner Charlie notified us that Jacob called, inviting Bella over after school tomorrow to visit. Due to the fact she was still grounded, she needed express permission from Charlie to do so. Lucky for Jacob, Charlie fully agreed with the idea.

After dinner, Bella retired straight upstairs and was probably asleep within minutes. I studied some more, then laid down in bed thinking- mostly about Alice. I'd be seeing her tomorrow, for the first time since we kissed. I was anxious, though I wasn't exactly certain as to why. It could be the fact I hadn't dated in so long, or more likely because she was a vampire, except... I snort softly when I realize it's more the former then the latter.

A soft popping noise switches me into battle mode in a split second, and I surge into action. Within a heartbeat, the person who apparated into my room finds themselves with my wand pressed against their throat, and I'm ready to curse the spit out of them.

"Hermione- it's me!" The intruder chokes, and, squinting in the darkness, I manage to make out scruffy black hair and two wide green eyes. I instantly relax, sitting back down on my bed.

"Don't scare me like that Harry." I groan, and he sits down next to me, a sheepish look on his face.

"Sorry, love." he says.

"You better be." I sigh. "What are you doing here, anyway?"

"Time difference," he reminds me.

"Right." I realize. "So Ginny's back at Hogwarts for the night?"

"Yep, as of about an hour ago." He sighs, flopping backwards.

"Tired?" I ask, raising an eyebrow, and he shakes his head.

"Nope, just... drained." He admits, "I missed Forks, over the weekend. It's so much less... complicated here. Moving here was a really good idea on your part."

"I agree." I sigh, flopping down next to him. He entwines our fingers, turning his head so we're looking each other in the eye.

"Excited about seeing your vampire tomorrow?" he asks in a teasing voice. My cheeks turn bright pink. "Busted!" he grins. I glare at him.

"Is it really so amusing?" I demand. He thinks for about three seconds then nods.

"Yes. Definitely. You've never believed in love at first sight, but you're absolutely head over heels for someone you've known for a week."

"I'm not in love with Alice!" I exclaim, "I just... I just like her, okay! We share a lot of the same interests- I mean, we practically have the exact same class schedule, she loves reading, she loves shopping, she..." my voice trails off and my cheeks flare an even brighter red as I realized I'd been gushing.