Chapter Twelve: Hermione's POV

CHAPTER TWELVE:

Hermione's POV:

I probably should have expected Harry's visit, I think, ruefully, as I help Bella set up the dinner table. Charlie is shooting Harry suspicious looks and Harry is smiling at him, not at all affected. After facing off the most evil wizard of all time, I guess fathers don't faze Harry, like they do most teenage boys.

The introduction between Charlie and Harry went well enough... I suppose. I told him that Harry was my best friend, and I was wondering if he could stay with us for a few weeks. I then reassured him that we were not dating, never had dated, and that Harry was engaged. My birth father then told Harry he could sleep on the couch, the 'not in Hermione's room' fully implied. Harry took it in his stride, all 'yes sirs' and 'of course sirs'.

And now he was setting out the magnificent delicacy he'd cooked us up- a triple cheese lasagna, with chocolate fondants for dessert. "It looks divine!" Bella enthused, having long-since recovered from the shock of seeing someone vanish into thin air.

Harry had proposed to Ginny less then a month after Voldemort's death. Some might argue that they were too young, but the War aged us all, and it's a well-known fact in the Magical World that witches and wizards tend to marry young- some purebloods are promised to each other before they can even crawl!

I'm eighteen years old, and most of my classmates are either in a serious relationship, engaged, or married. Neville and Luna, Cho Chang and Cormac McLaggen, Parvati and Anthony Goldstein are all married, for instance, some of them during war-time, some in the months that had followed it. All my friends except George and Ron are either in a serious relationship or engaged.

I sit down next to Harry at the table, while Bella sits across from him, next to Charlie. "So, Harry," Charlie begins, in a deceptively friendly voice, "how long have you known this fiancé of yours?"

"Eight years, sir. We were close friends for six years, before we started dating two years ago and we've never looked back." That was close to the truth and I smiled, ducking my head down so Charlie couldn't see.

"And what does your fiancé think of you being down here, anyway?" Charlie asks Harry, his tone almost a challenge.

"She's actually overseas at the moment, in Scotland." Harry explains, "she goes to the same school as Hermione and I did, and she's got a few months left before graduation. We catch up with each other every weekend, but she boards there during the week."

"And what's this lass's name?" Charlie continued his interrogation.

"Ginevra Weasley, though the only one who can get away with calling her that is her mum, Molly." Harry says, with a small grin, "everyone else calls her Ginny."

"Weasley, huh? Isn't that the name of your other friend?" Charlie asks me, and I look back up at him and smile.

"Yes, Ginny is Ron's younger sister. She was in the year below us." Charlie's jaw twitches as a thought strikes him.

"And exactly how old is this Ginny?" he asks, pinning Harry with a fierce look.

"Eighteen, sir, she's only ten months younger then Ron." Harry says, quickly. Now that is a lie- Ginny's seventeenth is coming up, and in the Wizarding World that's when she comes of age- Ron is thirteen months older then her. Charlie, however, looks appeased, thinking Ginny wasn't 'underage'.

"And you two been living together, when she's not in school?" he asks.

"Yes sir." Harry nods. "We've got a small house together in Devon." He elaborates. Charlie whistles through his teeth.