Prologue:

Prologue: Bella's POV

"I see you've noticed the Cullens."

I tore my eyes away from the six beautiful strangers in the cafeteria, all of them so different, so similar, and all so devastatingly, inhumanly beautiful, looking down at my hands to hide my blush behind my long bangs at the slight mocking in Jessica's voice.

Much to my embarrassment, Jessica kept talking, all in front of the table with several of her friends she'd introduced me to, though I'd forgotten their names nearly as soon as she spoke them. "They're gorgeous, but don't get your hopes up- they're all together." She spits out the word 'together' like it's poison, and I can't help my slight frown at her venomous tone.

"What do you mean?" I ask, genuinely curious. Jessica launches straight into her speech.

"They're all the adopted children of Doctor Cullen and his wife," she starts eagerly, "the two blondes are Rosalie and Jasper Hale, they're Mrs. Cullen's niece and nephew. After their parents died in a car accident, they came to live with her. The really big guy is Emmett Cullen, Doctor Cullen's nephew- he's dating Rosalie, and the girl with the red hair is his sister, Maggie- she's dating Jasper. The really hot guy sitting next to Maggie is Edward Cullen, another one of Doctor Cullen's nephews, but not Emmett and Maggie's brother. He's single, but don't get your hopes up- apparently, he's too good to date anyone here- and next to him is Emmett and Maggie's younger sister, Alice. She's single too, but she's a dyke*!"

The girl with glasses gives Jessica a disapproving look. "Don't call Alice that, Jess." She says, in a cross voice. Jessica rolls her eyes.

"Geez, Angela, are you hot for her, or something?" She snaps, and the glasses girl, Angela, flushes angrily. I distance myself from their talking, and can't help but turn to look at the Cullens, to just sneak another peek at them. The bronze-haired boy, the one who was lanky, less bulky then the other two boys, looked up suddenly to meet my gaze, curiosity and then what I could almost mistaken as wonder evident in his obsidian gaze. He looked more boyish then the others, who looked like they could be in college, and I couldn't help but think he was the most beautiful of them all.

For a few seconds I basically gawked at him, and then his lips curved into a small smile. I smiled back, dazed, before turning back to my table, head ducked down, cheeks bright red.

Suddenly, Forks seemed a whole lot more interesting.

A/N: To the people who have found themselves here, welcome and I hope you enjoy my work! Maggie in this story is Jasper's mate. In the Twilight series she's one of the members of the Irish coven, the one who can tell if someone is lying.

Also, in this story I'll be going by the books not the movies so Edward and Cedric will NOT look alike as they were each described very differently– Cedric had brown hair, fair skin, bright grey eyes and a well-built, burly build and Edward was described as tall, thin and lanky with pale skin, untidy bronze hair and gold/black eyes.

*About my use of the word 'dyke'- I want to both apologise for any discomfort it might cause readers and explain that I used that specific term describing a lesbian because I am setting up the character Jessica as homophobic and ignorant. I am a lesbian myself, and I am proud of it. If anyone called me a dyke outside my close friends who I know are messing around with me I'd probably deck them- the term can be incredibly derogatory and insulting. I do not call anyone a dyke.

~Cheshire Carroll