Chapter Thirty-Four: Hermione's POV

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR:

Hermione's POV:

I apparated back to the peak where the tent was set up, and Alice blurred over to my side, handing me my beaded purse. She looked beautiful, with the sun shattering off her skin, sending sparkles dancing across the snow.

"Thanks." I smiled at her. Edward hurried over to join us, his face anxious. Near the tent, I can see Jacob has left and Leah has arrived. She's pacing back and forth in her wolf form, her whole body seeming to tremble with adrenaline. She was ready to fight.

And so was I.

"Is Bella safe?" Edward asked and I nodded.

"She's in England. Cornwall, to be exact." I told him. He nodded then sniffed the air, before giving me a surprised look.

"You smell like her."

"You've just noticed that now?" Alice laughed at her brother. "Carlisle did the blood transfusion yesterday while you, Bella and the mu-Jacob were setting the trails." I bit back my smile at Alice's hasty correction. Edward's eyes narrowed slightly at Alice's tone.

"I was otherwise occupied." He told Alice, his voice short.

I decided to ignore them, and summoned the polyjuice potion out of my bag. I'd added a few of Bella's hairs the day before, as well as a few back ups. The potion is a shining blue color, which is much more appetizing then what Crabbe's looked like- a cup of bogies.

"Bottoms up." I sighed, before tipping it back, swallowing as quickly as I could. My insides immediately started writhing, like I'd just swallowed live snakes. I couldn't help but let out a small cry- you can never get used to this potion. It hurts like buggery, and is possibly one of the most disgusting feelings in the world.

Beside me, Alice cried out in alarm as I doubled up, a burning sensation spreading rapidly from my stomach to the very ends of my fingers and toes, and Leah lets out a whine.

"Hermione!" Alice shrieked as I fell to my hands and knees, and my skin started bubbling grotesquely. Yeah, I probably should have warned her, I mused, if she was human, I'd say I'd just taken about five years off her life.

Finally, gasping for breath, I felt the transformation reach its conclusion, and I held a hand towards Alice. "Pull me up?" I asked, weakly. Alice had me on my feet in a flash, running her hands anxiously up and down my face and arms. To my left, Edward was staring at me with an expression of horror and intrigue.

"Why didn't you warn me?" Alice asked, her voice shaky, "is that normal?"

"I'm sorry Alice. I'm used to people knowing what will happen and I didn't think to warn you." I apologized to her. She let out a groan and hugged me, resting her head against my shoulder.

"Early grave. You're going to drive me to an early grave." She muttered, before looking up at me with mournful eyes. "And I can't kiss you, because you look like Bella. You even smell like her. It's freaky." Edward let out a little growl at the notion of Alice kissing me while I was wearing Bella's skin, and Leah let out an amused wuff.

"Got to love magic." I tell Alice, before casting an undetectable extension charm on my pocket, and sliding my wand in, where it rests next to the shiny gold galleon I already have stored in there.

Leah let out a sudden yip, her head cocked to the side, and Edward's whole body turned to face her. "The fight's about to start." He said, quietly.