Chapter Thirteen: Hermione's POV

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:

Hermione's POV:

After the somewhat disastrous English lesson, Edward and Bella made up quickly, though I suspected the topic of the weekend was carefully avoided, something made easier with the limited time they got to spend together due to the fact the next few days were sunny, causing Alice and Edward to have to stay home during school-time.

Thankfully for my plans with Alice, the weather became overcast and gloomy enough by Friday afternoon that Alice came to pick me up from school in her bright yellow Porsche, looking absolutely stunning, as well as excited about our shopping trip.

I couldn't help feeling shy as I slipped into place beside her, and had to remind myself several times that this wasn't a 'date', no matter how much it felt like it. "How was school today?" she asked, as we pulled out of the school parking lot.

"Oh, chemistry was amazing!" I enthuse, getting a touch lost in my recap of the lesson, realizing only after several minutes of detailed explanation of the work we had covered, and my subsequent theories and realizations, that Alice looked like she was fighting back a smile. My cheeks flamed red, and I gave her a sheepish look. "I mean... school was lousy without you, my pixie in shining armor."

"Well I'm glad you missed me." Alice teased, and I laugh, relaxing into the soft leather seat.

"I barely made it through each day, Alice, my heart ached for you so." I quipped, and she laughed too, the sound sweeter then vanilla. We made it to Port Angeles in record time, thanks to Alice's highly illegal driving, and parked outside the rather small, but busy mall.

Alice was just about bouncing in excitement, as she chattered on about all the amazing stores, gleefully dragging me into each and every one. I was glad I'd had the sense to convert all the pounds into American dollars that I had, as it turned out Alice had an eye for fashion better then Lavender Brown's. Her skill in picking out all the most gorgeous outfits for me, each one more flattering then the next and all of them suiting me perfectly, was unparalleled.

"You should be a personal shopper." I tell her, "or a fashion designer." I turn around slowly in front of the mirror, enjoying the way the dark green skirt flared up with my movements.

"I'd love to be," Alice says, and her face droops slightly, "unfortunately, I'm stuck looking like a teenager, or a young woman who's only just graduated high school, spent maybe a year or two at university at the most." My face softens, and I pull the small vampire into my arms without even thinking. Alice instantly melts into my embrace.

The sensation of Alice in my arms, cold stone that curled around my form, felt... right. I couldn't help breathing in her captivating scent as I held her deliciously cool body against my own slightly flushed one. The familiar heat began to pool in my lower abdomen, sending flares of sensitivity through my body, and I can't help the slight shuddering breath that escapes my parted lips.

What are you doing? My brain is screaming at me, but as Alice looks up, and her eyes, the previously jewel-gold irises now dark as night, meet mine, my heart starts pounding in my chest, and before I really register what I'm doing, I'm bending forwards slightly and pressing my lips on hers.

Alice doesn't even hesitate, her lips pressing firmly back against my own. One arm wraps around my waist, holding me to her, against her, while her other hand tangles in my hair, and the tip of a cool tongue sweeping across the curve of my mouth. I moan, feeling my knees buckle under the sheer magnitude of emotion this kiss is bringing forth, and Alice is suddenly supporting me, as I sag against her.