Chapter Fourteen: Bella's POV

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:

Bella's POV:

I love Edward. I really, really love him, unconditionally, irrationally and irrevocably. I know the reason he's so over-protective of me is because he loves me with the same intensity that I love him, and is terrified that something will happen to me. It's equal parts sweet and frustrating, and I understand- for someone who knows just how evil the world is, I couldn't fault him for being so worried. But saying I couldn't go to England without him? That was taking it a step too far.

I forgave him, of course. It was an issue we'd have to work through, and we would. Or maybe we wouldn't; maybe it would stop when I wasn't so breakable anymore, when I didn't need that protection. Either way, he'd accepted my going to England, and we hadn't spoken about it since he'd acknowledged I'd be leaving on Saturday, and returning on Sunday.

"Are you ready to go?" Hermione asks, popping her head into my room. Hermione looks equal parts excited and apprehensive, and she's fiddling with the long, slender piece of wood in her hands. Knowing what a wand is capable of is terrifying, really. I vividly remember last night, being forced out of her room by an invisible force.

This train of thought makes me smile- Hermione and Alice had a very 'interesting' day yesterday, which consisted of the beginning of their relationship. I was very surprised it was Hermione who had initiated the kiss, and even if I wanted to know more, Hermione had remained tight-lipped about it.

"I'm ready." I answer her question, sliding off my bed to my feet, hoisting up the bag with my belongings, peering at Hermione, wondering where her luggage is. Hermione spares the bag a quick glance and just flicks her wand at it, causing it to shrink in my hands to the size of a marble, answering my unasked question.

"Don't lose that." She advises me. I just stare at the miniature bag pinched between my fingers, and nod, dumbly, slipping it in my pocket. It's about five in the morning, and Charlie is still fast asleep. Hermione told him we were catching a taxi to the airport, so that my red Chevy, still parked in the driveway, wouldn't draw any suspicion.

Harry pokes his head around the door, a bright smile on his face. "You two ready to go?" He asks and I nod, even as my stomach churns. I'm feeling a touch sick at the idea of magical travelling, and Hermione gives me a sympathetic look.

"This will be a bit... uncomfortable." She warns me, holding out the hand not carrying her wand. I take a deep breath and grab her hand, tightly, interlacing my fingers with hers. She winces, slightly. "Ow." She grumbles, before twisting to the left.

Hermione was both right, and so, so wrong. It was uncomfortable, but uncomfortable was a massive understatement.

My room vanished from around me, and everything went pitch black. The most horrible sensation washed over me, like I was being pressed hard from all directions. I couldn't breath and there were iron bands tightening around my chest. It felt like my eyeballs were being forced back into my head and my eardrums were being pushed deeper into my skull.

When the world finally righted itself, I stumbled from Hermione's grip, falling onto all fours, and retching profusely. It took several minutes of gagging and heaving, before the dizziness and sickly, nauseas feelings faded. Through the veil of tears brought on by the queasiness, I looked up and the first thing I saw was Hermione's sympathetic expression.

Beside her, Harry looked positively cheery. "Welcome to England." He said with a bright grin, and I let out a piteous moan. I vaguely noticed that the sun was just starting to sink in the sky, and tried to mentally figure out the time difference as Hermione helped me to my feet, vanishing the small pool of sick on the ground, and cleaning me up with two flicks of her wand- around eight hours, I guessed.