Chapter Twenty-Seven: Bella's POV

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN:

Bella's POV:

With graduation just a mere handful of days away, Alice decided it was time to go shopping in order to purchase outfits for the post-graduation party she was throwing, and she was determinedly taking both Hermione and I with her. She'd wanted us to go to Seattle shopping, but Edward refused to let her take me there. In fact, he didn't even want me to go without him, but Alice insisted, reminding him that Hermione could have me back to Forks in seconds, should it prove necessary. And then Alice realized the potential of Hermione's apparation, and went all out.

So that's how I found myself in London, at some kind of high-end boutique, browsing through clothes that cost more then my car. Though if I was being truthful, my beloved truck wouldn't have truly cost enough to be the sort of comparison I was looking for- more then Charlie earned in a month was a better explanation of the outrageous costs the garments I was staring hopelessly at would be more sufficient.

"Ooh, what about this one?" Alice asked excitedly, her eyes glued to one of the mannequins. I feel myself shudder, as Hermione looked it over with a critical eye.

"Sweetheart, I'm not sure if that's even legal to wear. There are laws about indecent exposure, you know. And Charlie's a cop. He'd had to have to arrest you." She informed her girlfriend. Alice shot her a cheeky grin.

"If I wore it in public, sure, but at the graduation party I'm throwing, it'll fit right in." she said, confidently. "And besides, it's not for me, it's for you."

I tried not to laugh as Hermione blushed fiercely. The top in question was a light, glittery gray that ended just below one's breasts. It was backless, with just two strings that crisscrossed to hold it on.

"There is no world that exists in which I am wearing that, Alice. In case you've forgotten, I do not wear clothing like that- you don't even wear clothing like that!" She then turned and gave me a glowering look. "And if you think this is so hilarious, just you wait to see what she has planned for you!" She threatened. I instantly stopped laughing and gave Alice a frightened look which she completely ignored, instead giving Hermione the saddest most adorable puppy dog eyes I've ever seen.

"Please? You love me! And you owe me!" She begged, "I'm not beneath pulling that card."

"Owe you? Owe you for what?" Hermione asked, eyeing the top... well, strip of material that covered the globes of your breasts and not much else would be a better way to describe that particular 'top'.

"For the biggest fright of my unlife- you were in a coma." She reminded my sister, and Hermione instantly looked guilty.

"Alice-" she started, but Alice held up a hand.

"Ah, ah, ah!" She interrupted, "no apologizing. Just tell me you'll wear it- I have a fabulous pair of leather pants that will go with it perfectly that you can use some hocus pocus to make fit you or something, and a pair of designer boots. Please, please, please!"

Pulling the top off the mannequin just a touch too roughly, Hermione huffed and marched up to the counter. I could hear Alice clapping for joy and then she turned to me, an evil smirk on her pixie face, and my stomach sunk. "I've picked out the perfect thing for you." She announced. My stomach flipping over in fear, I followed her line of sight and audibly whimpered.

-

On the night of graduation, every item of clothing I owned was strewn across my bed; my drawers and closets were bare. The outfit Alice had bought me for the graduation party was the only exception, looking outrageous even on the shapeless hanger.