Chapter Five: Bella's POV

CHAPTER FIVE:

Bella's POV:

Waking up in Edward's arms will never get old.

I sigh, happily, and shift positions so I can kiss him. His icy lips move against mine, deliciously, and his smooth tongue sweeps against the bottom of my lips.

We break away when my lungs tighten uncomfortably, reminding me that (for now, anyway) I'm human, and I need air. I pant, while he smiles crookedly, his cool breath tickling my face. "Good morning," I say, when I get my breathing back under control, and his smile grows wider.

"It is now." I raise an eyebrow.

"Seriously?" I ask. He looks sheepish.

"Okay, that was a little cheesy." He admits.

"A little?" I tease, moving forward to kiss him, lightly, before rolling out of bed, in a most ungraceful manner compared to the smooth way Edward flows to his feet.

As I move about the bedroom, getting ready for the day, I'm almost bouncing off the walls, I'm so excited about introducing Hermione to the rest of the Cullens- I know Alice and Emmet, in particular, are extremely eager to meet 'Bella 2.0'.

"Does your sister have a habit of sneaking out in the middle of the night?" Edward asks, somewhat out of the blue, a small frown marring his otherwise perfect face. I freeze, in the middle of the process of picking out my clothes for the day.

"Huh?" I ask, somewhat stupidly.

"Hermione left the house at some point and didn't return until past three in the morning." He explains.

"She WHAT?" I gape, eyes widening in disbelief. Hermione? Sneaking out? Breaking rules? A grin spreads across my face, obviously surprising Edward, who seemed to be expecting a different reaction. "This is going to give me ammunition for weeks!" I say, gleefully, thinking about how Hermione had teased me for having a boy sleeping in my room. Well, she was sneaking out, so she couldn't talk. "Thanks!" I say happily, and Edward laughs, softly, at the look on my face.

"Always glad to please." He says, bending over and kissing my hand lightly. I pout at him, but he taps his forehead. "Charlie's about to walk in, and I don't think he'd be too happy to see your lips all... well, showing signs of having been recently kissed." He says, and I blush.

"Right. Whoops." I mumble. "Bye Edward!" He smiles at me, crookedly.

"Goodbye, my love. I'll come swing by at eleven thirty to pick you up for lunch."

Before I can thank him, or say anything else, he disappears, too fast for my eyes to comprehend, out of the window, and not a moment too soon, as Charlie knocks on the door. "You decent, Bells?" He calls out, gruffly. I am sort of decent, dressed in the sweats I wore to bed, but I reply in a negative anyway.

"One moment!" I call out, turning back to my closet and snatching out a random top to go with my jeans. I bundle my clothes to my chest and walk out of the room. Charlie is leaning against the corridor wall, looking a little worse for wear. "Too much to drink last night?" I tease him, remembering him downing beers at the rez with Sue and Billy.

"There's a herd of elephants in my head." Charlie grumbles, before getting straight to the point, the way only Charlie does. "So, you're going to visit the Cullen's today? With Hermione?" He asks, face furrowing at the word 'Cullen'. I sigh, knowing he still hasn't forgiven Edward for leaving me, and blames him for my period of intense depression.

"Yeah." I nod, and he sighs and runs a hair through his ruffled curls. I can tell he wants to say something, but he seems nervous about saying it. "Dad, just spit it out." I smile, and he looks at me ruefully.