Chapter Ten: Hermione's POV

CHAPTER TEN:

Hermione's POV:

The enchanted diaries are so much more discrete then an owl- or a mobile phone, for that matter. It doesn't take much effort to scrawl out a quick note to Harry during Calculus, with an update and a request that will save me having to return to England so soon.

Harry,

The people in this town, the high school in particular, seem to have nothing better to do then gawp at the new girl! Honestly, it's like being back at Hogwarts!

Other then that, my first class has been quite enjoyable. I've kept fairly up to date with Calculus through my study by correspondence, as well as work I've done in Arithmancy, but it's still fascinating and informative learning in a classroom setting.

I know, I know, you most likely skimmed through that, but I admit this second part is a touch awkward to write.

I may not have exactly passed on some information I became aware of before leaving for Forks. My sister is mates with a vampire. And now it turns out she's got an angry vampire hunting her. It's a long story, but basically I was wondering whether you could send me all the books in the Black library at Grimauld Place on warding and vampires.

Don't panic and don't worry; I'm not in danger. I promise I'll tell you if I think I am- Gryffindor's honour.

I'm also thinking of visiting this weekend, and I think I'll bring Bella with me. She's begging to meet you all, after I've told her so much about everyone.

I love and miss you, all of you.

All my love,

Hermione

-

-

As I walked into the English classroom, every single eye in the room was immediately turned to me, and stunned expression son everyone's face, including the teacher's- I wasn't sure if it was because I was new, I looked similar to Bella, or because my arm was still linked around Alice's, one of the exclusive, unapproachable Cullens.

Resisting the urge to sigh, I nodded my thanks to Alice, and crossed over to the front of my room. I held my pink slip of paper out in front of the teacher and smiled at him, with as much warmth as I could muster. "Hi, I'm Hermione Granger-Swan," I introduced myself, "Ms. Cope requested I get all my teachers to sign this." The teacher shook away his shock, and smiled at me.

"Ah, yes... the newest Swan girl." He said, and he plucked the slip out of my hand, "I'll return this at the end of the lesson," he explained, before giving me a polite smile, "Welcome to Forks, Hermione. I'm Mr. Varner."

"Nice to meet you." I responded, automatically, unable to help my teacher's pet ways.

"Why don't you stand up the front and introduce yourself to the class." Mr. Varner suggested. Nodding, I walked to the front of the classroom and attempted a polite smile at the students all eyeing me with unabashed curiosity.

"Hello, I'm Hermione, Bella's sister." I introduced myself, "I've lived in London for most of my life, but I've transferred here to Forks for my last semester of high school."

"Why?" demanded one of the girls, a bleached blonde in the middle row. I bit back my annoyance- of course everyone was thinking that, but most people were courteous enough to not demand my life's story from me. There was always one, though, I supposed.

"Family matters." I tell the nosy girl, "private ones, I'm afraid." Turning my back on the class, in a clear dismissal of any follow-up questions, I face the teacher again. "May I sit down now, sir?" I ask, politely, and he nods.