“So, while we’re here anymore questions”?

“Going back to the flower discussion, if you wouldn’t like flowers what would you like – and don’t say a snuggle because you’ll get one those whether you like it or not” I laughed at that, leaning back into his chest a little more.

“I liked your suggestion of stuffed animals, except don’t take that literally I don’t want to come home and find a stuffed deer head on my wall”.

He tutted at me “Emma I know what a teddy bear is”.

“Good but I don’t see why you can’t just be my teddy bear” I pouted as I hugged his arms that were around me.

“I’m not a teddy bear I’m a man” he told me in a mock macho voice.

“Well a teddy bear’s gotta be manlier than a flower, or do you want to be my little pansy”? I giggled.

Dorian laughed too “You’re being very open tonight, may I ask why”?

I shrugged “I guess it’s because it’s just us and I feel like I can be myself with you, I’ve spent a lot of time – especially after Maddi, distancing myself from everyone”.

 Dorian moved one hand from my waist but I wasn’t afraid of falling because his hold never lessened; his fingers started to brush slowly though my hair making my skin hum.

“I’m glad that you can be yourself with me, the Emma down there was still a little guarded” he told me – pointing down to the harbour where we walked on our first date together.

“I prefer to think of it as cautious; I didn’t know you then not really”.

“Do you feel like you know me now”?

“A lot better but no wholly, you’re a little guarded too”.

“I prefer to think of it as cautious” I laughed.

“I’m sure”.

“But I am cautious, you’ve taken everything so well and I don’t want to push you over the edge”.

“Ever heard that if you’re not living on the edge you’re taking up too much room”?

He chuckled “Oddly enough I haven’t”.

“Well I can’t imagine anything more you could have to tell me... Dorian”?

“Yes baby”?

“Were, were you ever married”?

“No”.

“Are you sure”? He chuckled at that.

“Very sure, I think I’d remember something like that”.

“Did you want to”?

“I liked the idea of it but I never found anyone that I wanted marriage with, I like to suppose now that even then I was looking for you, obviously I was going to be looking around a lot longer than I first thought” we both laughed.

“What’s made you think about marriage all of a sudden”?

“Not marriage your marriage, I just wondered if there was ever anybody else that you wanted marry”.

“Never” he murmured into my neck. “In fact – and I’m ashamed to say it – to a lot of people the concept of me getting married would be laughable considering my past”. “Were you honest with me when you told me that you’ve never had a boy friend”?

“Of course I was, why”?

I felt him shrug. “Well, I was worried that perhaps you would have”.

“Why would that worry you”?

“Because he’d still be alive and therefore a threat to me”.

“Dorian” I scolded. “No one is a threat to you”.

“I know that, what I meant was a threat to us”.

“You don’t see me going crazy with all your... relationships”.

“That’s because I never had any ‘relationships’, but if you had a boy friend, someone that you felt a lot for or even loved I think it that would be worse than numerous one night stands”.

I thought about his logic for a minute and it didn’t me long to agree with him, I know it’s selfish and mean and petty but I’d hate it Dorian had loved someone else, I’d always wonder if he missed her or loved her more than he does me.

“I agree, but is that why you don’t like Jeremy”?

“I don’t not like Jeremy, I envy his relationship with you, how well he knows you and his ability to cheer your spirits when even I can’t”.

“But he’s my best friend that’s kind of what he’s for”.

“I know and wouldn’t mind in the least if your best friend was of the female persuasion”.

“You don’t like Jeremy because he’s a guy”? I clarified in shock.

“I don’t like any man when it comes to you and your affections”.

“Dorian that’s so, silly”.

“Not to me, I may be controlled and civilised for my kind Emma but I am still a Vampire, no better than an animal when it comes to territory or my mate”.

“But you don’t have to be”.

“But I always will be”.

“Do you not trust me”? I asked suddenly hurt, he makes it sound like just because there are men that will find me attractive I’ll just leave him for them.

Dorian’s arms tightened around my waist. “I trust you Emma I just don’t trust men, when you’ve lived as long as I have you’ll understand why”.

"Am I going to live as long as you have"? 

"Only if you want to, I'd never make you". 

"As long as you want me is as long as I'll live" it was a promise and I know he can he here it. 

"I'll always want you". 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'M SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG!!!!!!! It's just i had a really hard time trying to think but update WILL be regualr again now I've gotten this chapter out of the way THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH IT!

PLEASE VOTE and COMMENT i'm not lying when i say i update my other book more frequently because they get more comments and votes so it REALLY does make a difference XD

IMPORTANT 

THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS WILL BE GETTING GOOD - EXPECT A VISIT FROM DORAIN'S SISTER AND THOSE NASTY VAMPS THAT KILLED MADDI

lildaydreamer