SEQUEL: Once Those Hazel Eyes (VI.)

Camila's POV

"Here's a glass of water. Sure you've had a long drive." Lauren sits beside me as the other girl she called Lucy excused the both of us and went outside. "Are you tired or sleepy rather?" She notices my uneasiness. She didn't know it's about what I witnessed earlier.

She's with someone I never knew about.

Did she just break our promise?

I emptied the glass of water she offered and smiled weakly at her. "W-w...who is s-she?" I gained my strength back and asked her as she looked away.

I watched her as she looked away. It seemed as though she didn't actually want to meet my eyes. I didn't know but I felt cold, somewhat afraid of what she's about to say. For the first time in such a long time, I'm afraid of the words that would come out of her mouth.

I used to fall for those words and now I do think it's going to break my heart in pieces.

Lauren sighed as we both consumed the silence perfectly. She didn't want to speak, neither of us, I just completely satisfied myself as I held her hand, once again, in utter silence. She met my waiting glance and I remained staring at her. God, how I missed this. How I missed her all those days I kept myself in the haunting dark. How I missed being stared by those eyes I longed for.

If you had to describe the place you call home, would it be a destination or a person?

She smiled before breaking the silence between us. "She's my student. I teach her how to paint." She holds my hand even tighter, not letting me go. "I've never forgotten our promise."

I have an answer to that. It's been so long, darling. Now, I'm home.

I stood up from my feet and walked towards her to embrace her into a warm cozy hug. I could smell the same perfume that's been stuck in my room for long. I could feel the same soul that's been indebted to mine forever.

I began playing with her hair. "How about you let me see all your paintings?" She releases herself from the hug and stares right into my eyes. "What? You don't want to?" I teased.

"No! I mean no I want to but," She stops mid- sentence and holds my hand. "You don't have to see them, they all symbolize you anyway." My heart wells in pure happiness as she confesses truthfully. "I know it's been months and I wasn't able to see you so I had to let my frustrations out in artworks."

"The more I'd want to see them!" I claimed excitedly and then suddenly I remembered all the letters that are scattered all around the sofa. I feel curiosity eating me up. "Lauren, what are all those letters about?"

"You don't have a clue? Those are the letters I used to write for you. They're just the ones that weren't sent." I pouted, being reminded of why she hasn't sent them.

I acted like I'm hurt. "Why didn't you send them though?"

"I didn't have to." She smiled triumphantly as she pressed her lips against mine. I didn't have much time to recover, instead I slowly closed my eyes and kissed her in return. She pulled back and cupped my cheeks as her forehead rested against mine. "Now, do you still want to see my paintings for you?" I nodded my head and she rushed to carry me around.

"God, put me down Lauren!" I giggled as she kept on walking as she maintained on carrying me around. "If you don't put me down I'm going to take revenge on-."

I didn't have to chance to finish what I was about to say when a figure of the other girl appeared from the door. She stared at us seemingly apologetically. Lucy's gaze was on me and turned to Lauren. Lauren slowly put me back down and conversed with Lucy.