Chapter 69: ...What?

Start from the beginning

"What? Isn't it the truth? You said I was so immature, irresponsible to take care of him. Ever since the day mom died, you tried to act like her but you made my life a nightmare! 'A baby can't take care of a baby' you would say," Sooyoung riposted.

"I just cared for that kid of yours because his mom couldn't handle herself."

"Yeah right, sterile mom, by stealing it from me?" Sooyoung stepped forward to her face. "You forget I wasn't alone. Hoyoung was with me."

"Hoyoung?" Sora raised her eyebrows. "He let you down when you needed him the most."

"Ya! You don't know everything about us. Don't talk about his father in front of him." Sooyoung glanced behind. "Jaebeom-ah?" She blinked when she realized he was gone. And, since a while ago.

Already upstairs, JB lasted long to arrive in front of his room. When he pushed the door, darkness enveloped him and Youngjae soft snoring sound could be heard as he slept on the bed. JB stood still for a moment, each of his hands forming a fist. A huge lump in the throat, he clenched his teeth together trying to hold his tears from falling but it was too late when his head would only look down at the floor, fairly sadden.

He walked up to the bed. The white quilt covered Youngjae's entire body, only his face showed to the faint light that the moon pushed through the window. His tangled hair caressed the pillow under his face and sleep marks were already all over his cheek and left arm. It must have been a while since he slept. The usual view of Youngjae sleeping. But, tonight, he became JB's weakness.

JB quietly sobbed while watching the adorable human being under the drapes. Not the little cousin, but the little brother. His brother. He always wanted one and naturally cherished Youngjae as his but now that it was the reality of one of his many wishes, he just didn't know how to swallow it.

His real mom and his fake mom were still arguing. Hwanhee finally woke up from his reverie because of their uproar downstairs and ordered to stop as he separated them. After a glass shattered on the floor, JB heard a total silence. Everything ended. The remaining perceptible movements were only the sound of different pairs of feet parting away, sniffing, sad whispers, and doors shutting loud behind them.

JB wiped off his tears and delicately slid on the bed, ending up in a kneeling position. He watched Youngjae in his sleep.

"Youngjae-ah," he whispered under a shaky breath. "Nae dongsaeng-ah (My little brother)." The lump grew bigger and it was as if he couldn't breathe anymore. The muscles of his face slowly twitched making them more outstanding with a final result as a hard crisping expression filled with emotion. His lips parted away letting out a long fainted squeal sound, and next thing you knew, the waited yet deserved weep. 

His fists pressed the hard skin of his thighs in anger, head bent down to his shoulders. Eyes closed hard, he quietly poured his heart out of all the emotions that ate him away. 

At dawn the next morning, Sooyoung wandered in the kitchen making herself a dark cup of coffee. After the light sleep she got that night she absolutely needed it. The aroma of the hot drink already made her heart jubilate; rich and strong, just perfect for her taste. She drew the curtains from the living room and sat on the couch across to watch the view outside. Windy atmosphere, gray skyline, and empty trees, only her coffee gave her comfort however she loafed there with no intention to move.

One hour later, little cracking sounds came from the stairs announcing someone walked down. Her eyes caught a hooded figure and she recognized him. When he turned the corner of the staircase, he hesitated a moment. From the corner of his eye, he saw Sooyoung on the couch but continued his way to the kitchen. He went to serve himself a glass of water and passed by the living room again, ignoring her.