1. Introduction.

Chapter One:
Introduction.

Oh High School, how I do actually secretly love you.

From your filthy cafeteria food, to the dirty bathrooms. From your awful, overly stressed and middle aged teachers, to your hormonal sex and drama-driven teenagers.

Now, to you readers it might sound like I'm complaining in total sarcasm like I always do. I mean, sarcasm is kind of my native language. But I'm actually not complaining, I might be the first actual teenager that can say: "Oh man, I love High School!"

And I know what you're thinking right now;
"Oh my God, (Y/N/N) but why?"

Well it's because of what my uncle always said ever since I was just a sophomore. He looked pre-puberty me in the eyes on the first day of High School and say: "(Y/N), high school will be the best four years of your life. And it will be over before you know it, so make the best of it while you still can."

And I think I'm speaking on behalf of every teacher in my school when I say: I wish he never said that.

I guess you could say I kind of took that too litterly. Cause here's the thing; I tend to make these four years that I'm here, indeed the best four years of my life. But me being here, will be the worst four years of my teachers' lives. I mean, what's supposedly living the best four years of your life without having fun right?

From ordering pizza and making the delivery guy hand it to me through the classroom window during World's History Class (since my seat is right by the window on the first floor), to getting the Tech-kids to install a disco-ball as a regular lamp in P.E. My teachers would look like they're going to explode.. EXPLODE I tell you. While the students would applaud and thank me for being their form of entertainment. It would usually end with me getting send to the Principal's office, and to my teachers' misfortunes it would result in me not getting any punishment at all.

"But (Y/N), you genius and awesome goddess of a person, how do you do that?"

Well my dear readers, let me tell you a little something about the man who gave me that amazing advice three years back. Long story short: I'm the Principal's favorite niece. So I kind of have a I-Can-Get-Away-With-Anything-Card. But it's not only because I'm the big boss' niece and the apple of his eye, it's also because I'm a great B.S. Talker.

"But Uncle J, I thought bringing Italian food to class would help show how big of an influence worldwide history can have on our daily lives."

"But Uncle J, I thought putting a disco-ball there would help both our class and the Tech-kids. We would have a new way of moving during P.E. that the kids actually enjoy, and the Tech-kids could show off what they can do."

My uncle would be convinced I only had good intentions and would most of the time actually thank me. Resulting in me leaving the office with a big smile on my face.

The teachers would call it outrageous amongst one another, that I'd be left off the hook. But there was nothing they could do about it. The teachers that would talk bad about me he would threaten to fire, leaving them to have no choice but to keep their mouths shut. Because in a small town like Copperfield, it's not very easy to get a job as a teacher at a different High School cause there were only two.

There was Lake View High, aka my school. The school's name is soooo original (please note the sarcasm). Lake View High's school building litterly had a view on the Copperfield Lake. So there wasn't a lot of creativity being brought into coming up with the school's name in 1893.

Then there was Lake View High's rival's school; Copperfield Forrest High. Once again; probably not a lot of creativity thrown onto the table during the brainstorming of the name. While our school had the view of the lake, theirs was of Copperfield Forest.

And even though if you got fired here there would always be a chance of getting a job there, teacher's would never want that. If students found out you had history in working for the other school, you wouldn't be left alone.

The two schools hated each other.

While I actually didn't care and actually had some friends at the other school. Let's just say that my input in the education system was known amongst the youth in our town. I don't want to brag but: you my friend, are reading the story of a legend.

Whenever I bump into any high school student in town, they ask me: "How do you do it? How do you always get out of every situation?"

I don't tell them exactly how I do it, cause there isn't really a method. Everybody already knows I'm the principal's niece, but they think there's more to it. I just tell them that a true magician never reveals the secrets to their tricks. While in all honesty, it's just me being good at talking my way out of anything. My dad always said it made me a lawyer, while my mom said it made me a criminal. My older brother Ethan would then always whisper to me that those two are basically the same.

I didn't think I was either of those two. In fact, I didn't even know what job what cut out for me. I was just starting my senior year of high school. I felt like it was too early to be thinking of stuff like that. I mean of course there would come a time where I would have to pick a college for me to go to. But that would mean I would have to listen to what my teacher's think is right for me bla bla bla.

And just-starting-senior-year-me thought:
"Yeah, right. Me, listening to teachers.
Never in a million year would there ever come a teacher, I would actually listen to."