Chapter 8: The Devil's Emotion

Start from the beginning

"How long have you been up?" he asked as he turned his head so our eyes meet. They look so gorgeous in the morning. They look glowing and full of spirit.

"Well, about half an hour ago ... or so?" I responded a little uncertain.

He gave me a small smile then quickly climbed off the bed, then strode towards the settee at one corner, and grab the white shirt. He slips it on smoothly, and I smiled as I watch his every move. I find it fascinating.

"You are smiling," he noticed as he stood upright, his hands on his hips.

I felt my cheeks blushing, and I look away. "Why? Is there a rule to prohibit me to smile?" I asked, then I sat up and swung my legs out of the bed, then lazily rose to my feet.

I heard him chuckled which caused me to snapped my eyes in his direction. He picks up his pants and puts it on. "I like it when you're feisty. It actually turned me on, si?" he drawled huskily, then he grinned mischievously, stepping forward, slowly narrowing our gap.

I quickly turn on my heel and scurries towards his door when I saw that wicked smirked.

I hate it when he's so smug. Arrogant ass.

"You can't run away from me forever, Angel. You are mine!" he taunted, and I stop before my door.

Turning my head to look at the hallway, and found him standing next to his door, with that smug grin on his lips. I scowled at him. "I was never yours, ass!" I stressed and strode in, slamming the door shut. I cringed when the loud sound of the door shut resonated inside the room, the walls shook a little from the impact.

Since when I became this fierce Angel? I'm used to be the sweet Rose, naive, and too innocent.

.

.

"Where are we going?" I asked exasperatingly to this insufferable man. I don't know what he's up to. We have been walking for like half an hour or so along these endless wild grasses in this beautiful lush countryside with rolling hills, green pasture, and agricultural fields, in the small valley of old Sicily. My heels starting to ache, and I'm heavily breathing because of exhaustion.

I can't see any shadows of houses from where we stood. I know we are far from the village. We passed thickets of bushes, yet we haven't reached this place he wanted to show me. "We are almost there," he said as he held my hand firmly, never letting me go.

"Fine, but can we rest for a bit," I said and saw a tree not farther to my right. I thought it was perfect to take a rest under it. The sun was too bright, and my head feels very hot underneath the tan wide brim fedora hat. The cool breeze wasn't helping at all, blowing my scarf here and there. "All right," he agreed and stopped.

"There," I said, pointing at the big tree. "Let's rest under that tree," and I started walking towards it.

He walks beside me and grabs my hand again until we get to the tree.

He shrugged off his big mountain backpack onto the ground and pulled two big water bottles. "Here," he said, stretching his hand with the bottles, I took it, thanking him after.

He looks around and then walk towards the tall wild grasses and followed the trail. I decided not to follow him and drank the water.

I close my eyes as I savored the fresh cool breeze. It felt amazing and relaxing.

Minutes passed, no Isaias came back. My heart starting to race. I look over to where he disappeared into, but the grass was too tall and it looks endless.

I stood up, brushing the grass stuck on my bottom, and I regretted wearing these tight jeans if only I learned about this walk. Shaking off the regrets, I let out a lungful of sighed and craned my neck, trying to look beyond the wild grasses. "Isaias!" I called out, walking towards the small pathway.