SEQUEL: Once Those Hazel Eyes (I.)

Start from the beginning

I smile at my mom and embrace her into a warm hug. "I missed you." I whisper to her.

"I missed you too child." My mother tries to tease me and I can feel Dinah almost bursting into laughter. She escapes from our hug and smiles meaningfully. "I'm just kidding Camila. Let's go head inside." Dinah follows my lead excitedly and so myself too I know that I can't keep my excitement anymore.

Mama Sinu left us sitting on the sofa when she went to the kitchen to prepare food for the both of us. Suddenly, Sofi's mini shadow appears from the door and I suddenly decided to have a plan; Dinah and I hid behind the sofa and tried our best to not laugh and make her notice us easily.

"Mama! Where is Camila? Dinah is also not here." I hear Sofi complaining to our mother. Dinah slaps me on my shoulder and I bite my tongue to keep myself from laughing.

Suddenly, we feel that the sofa is occupied and I slowly peep to see a sight of Sofi and she's slouched on the sofa. I cover my mouth with my bare hand and Dinah and I began counting from one to three with the softest of our voices.

"BOO!!!" Both of us screamed and the shock and surprise was pretty evident on Sofi's face but then her mouth suddenly changed from being an o-shaped to a curve smile.

She runs towards the both of us and envelops her arms around our bodies. "You scared me." Sofi whispers and Dinah and I high- five as if it's like a job well done.

"We missed you cutie." Dinah informs her and she looks up to meet Dinah's gaze and smiles at her. "How's your day so far?" She asks.

"It's better now that you're both here." Sofi answers Dinah.

I carry Sofi in my arms and high- fives with her. "Good answer!" I tell her still smiling big.

"The food is ready girls!" We suddenly rush towards the kitchen as if we're in a race and Dinah gets in the kitchen first because I'm carrying Sofi and she's heavy in all honesty.

"Aunt Dinah cheated!" Sofi points a finger at her and Dinah looks surprised. "She got here first. It should be us." Dinah raises both of her hands in defeat.

Sofi pokes a tongue at her and chuckles. "She surrendered Camila." I nod at her and we both sit on the chairs as Mama Sinu places the food on the table.

"These look so yummy!!!!" Dinah exclaims as she stares at the food. Mama Sinu smiles at her before completely sitting on her place. "You're always in a mission to make me fat." Dinah complains to my mother jokingly.

"Let's pray! Let's pray!" Sofi suggests and we all nod and smile at her.

We're already in a prayer position while Sofi is really focused on her pray. My one remains opened to check and watch Sofi while she's praying.

"Thank you for this food..." She starts. "Thank you for Camila and Dinah being here..." She keeps on going. "Thank you for Mama Sinu." She finishes her prayer and we all compliment her and she just chuckles.

"My stomach is ready for all of this!" Dinah tells to everybody. She gets some of paella and a cup of rice and also gets more taste of the other food on the table.

Mama Sinu is helping Sofi to get her own food and place it on her plate. "So Camila I thought you're going to meet with someone today?" She asks and suddenly I remember Austin.

Oh shoot. I just forgot about him.

Dinah suddenly stops consuming her food and shares a worried look with me. "Uh y-yeah... I'll be m-meeting with Austin and Sofi is s-supposed to be accompanying me." I inform my mother and she just nods.