“This isn’t our first date, well officially it is I suppose”.

“The lake, I remember now – you made an attempt on my life” I playfully glared.

“An attempt on your life? Nothing was going to happen to you” he scoffed remembering I can't swim and my natural aversion to water.

“I know, although what happened later certainly knocked me for six” I laughed thinking about how the truth about Dorian’s being a vampire had come out even though I didn’t believe him.

“Me too; stupid Alec. I thought I was going to lose you for real that time”.

“You wouldn’t have” I assured him giving his hand it's own little squeeze.

“You were pretty hell bent on getting me to leave”.

“I don’t really remember much of that night to be honest”.

“I’m not surprised you went through a lot, the bond was moving up a peg and didn’t get as much time as it should because of Alec, then you found out about me and was labouring under the impression that I had murdered your best friend, who herself was also, well you know” he made a guesture at himself and it was honestly the first time I remembered for a while that Maddi was a vampire too.

I shook my head thinking about it all “I guess I did have a rough day”.

He smiled “But you took it all extremely well in the end”.

We both turned in the direction of the isle to a new voice. “Hello darlin’s what can I get you”? An elderly lady asked us smiling, she looked so happy I was instantly pulled into her mood. Her uniform was a seafoam green smock and faded white tennis shoes, she was so cute with her hair pulled back into a pony tail and bow.

“I kind of haven’t thought about it yet... what do you want Dorian”?

I saw an evil smirk light his face and I knew a cringe was imminent “Uh, can we get a large chocolate milkshake with two straws please”? he asked her sweetly while I held myself as stiff as I possibly could and shaking with the effort to not cringe.

“Of course now you two have a think about dinner while I go get your shake”. She walked away and Dorian watched me while he watched my internal struggle he rested his cheek on his fist with a knowing smile.

“You will pay” was all I could handle saying before my body cringed in on itself. Dorian laughed deeply and even though I wanted to smack him upside the head I loved the sound of his laugh, it’s just free and happy.

“I’m sure” he chuckled locking our fingers on the table top.

“So, can I ask you something”?

“Of course you can”.

“Why now? I mean this date kind of just popped up”.

“I don’t think so, I think it’s just the right time now we’ve really talked about our doubts and things. We know where we stand now and it’s only made me love you more which in turn made me realise I still don’t know a lot about you”.

I frowned “You know a lot about me” I disagreed while he shook his head.

“Not really, I mean I can judge your mood and how you’ll take things but I want to know more about you, we’re always in so deep and not that I mind, I just want to learn things about you how I would have done if this were a normal relationship, things that I’d have built up a knowledge of over the years, and I also want you to know me more beyond my, condition as it were”. I knew he was hinting at his being a vampire he just didn’t want to say it when other people were around.