“That’s good, cos I do love you”. The car stopped and Dorian leant over to kiss me but I put a finger to his lips and shook my head a little.

“I thought you said you love me”? He pouted making me almost give in and kiss him senseless anyway.

“I do but we’ll be late if we keep stopping like this”.

“About that” he smiled sheepishly "we won’t be late”.

“Why not”? 

“We don’t have reservations where we’re going”.

“Why? Where are we going”? He smiled and pointed out of my window behind me and I looked around to see a run of the mill 50's style diner – I actually loved it! I laughed so hard that I turned back to Dorian with tears in my eyes. “Really”?

“Really” he smiled pleased that I’d reacted so well to his idea. “I knew you’d prefer something like this” he told me with a wink.

“Why on earth did we have to get dressed like this”? I said gesturing between us at our formal attire.

“To throw you off ma dear and, because I wanted to see you in a dress”.

“Why Sir you have offended me”! I mock scolded crossing my arms over my chest. Dorian’s eyes bugged and I had no idea why until I followed them and my eyes rested on my exposed cleavage which was now even more pronounced because of the pressure of my arms on my chest. I cleared my throat. “Eyes up here handsome”.

He’d lowered the top half of his body significantly to get a better look and only cast his eyes up to look at me with very dark lustful eyes. He shook himself out of it and nodded.

“Sorry baby, I know what you mean now about getting caught off guard”.

“I thought you’d come around, now come on lets go”.

We got out of the car and Dorian locked it throwing my jacket around me and doing it up.

“What are you doing”?

“Putting your jacket on for you”.

“But we’re going inside” I pointed out, literally jerking a thumb at the diner.

“I know but I don’t want other males lusting over you”.

I rolled my eyes but I felt his possessiveness and dominance on the situation already which have been growing more pronounced over the last week so I didn’t push him this time, but I also didn’t take his hand like I usually would’ve done. I heard him huff but it didn’t stop him pulling me into his side as we went into the little diner.

I looked around as Dorian pulled us to a booth and was surprised at how colourful it was, it was like a time machine had thrown up the fifties in this place. It was cute with it’s milkshake bar and checked black and white floor. The booths were your classic candy apple red and the walls were a pale pink with framed pictures of cars and motorcycles that were popular back then. 

When we were seated I took my jacket off and put it down next to me while Dorian glared.

“What? I’m hot”?

I left that line hanging there while he struggled to squash his flirty reply that he was clearly dying to give. I started to laugh at the effort on his face and to my surprise he laughed too. Dorian reached across the table for my hand squeezing it gently again like he did in the car.

“I love you”.

“Wow an I love you on a first date, I’m doin’ pretty good huh”? I laughed while he shook his head with a little smile.