When Justin walked in, it was like he stepped into another world. He's been to parties before, but none like this. None that were this... nice. It seemed to be a house party, but this definitely wasn't a house. It was more like a restaurant with a backyard theme to it. There was a pool, lounge chairs, a garden, but still enough tables and chairs to give a club vibe. Justin was kinda in awe as he looked around, wondering if this was how all celebrity parties looked.

"Now, Justin. I know you're cool and all but this is an industry party. Most of the people that will be here are famous or know how to act around famous people. Just remember to chill." Ricky told him.

"I won't get kicked out if that's what you're saying." Justin responded, getting a chuckle out of Ricky.

"Good. I have to go work the dj booth but hang out, get a drink. Enjoy yourself." Justin nodded his head at the suggestion and once Ricky walked away he found himself a seat off to the side where no one else was. Music was already filling the space around him and there were a few people standing around, but not too many. It was still early after all. Celebrities normally like to arrive late to make an entrance, or so he's heard.

He didn't really care about the other people that would be there. Of course he had people that he was a fan of and thought were cool, but he was only there for y/n. If it wasn't for her then he wouldn't have even tried to get into this party. It was guaranteed  that she'd be there, so all he had to do was wait.. which was harder than he expected it to be.

All he thought about was how soft her hair looked, how great her voice is and how pretty she is. He imagined what it would be like to see her in the flesh, right in front of him. It made him both nervous and excited, and also anxious. He went over the option of leaving in his mind several times. He thought that maybe it would be better if he never met her, in case she's nothing like she thought he was. Maybe his imagination made her out to be a person she didn't even know and just knowing that would crush him, but he decided to suck it up and wait it out. He knew he'd go back to feeling that desperation of wanting to talk to her so he wanted to experience it, however it turned out. All he wanted was for her to walk through that door and confirm that all of his years of waiting were about to end.

And she did. It was like a hit to the chest when he saw her. Her hair was big and curly, just how he liked it. She wore soft colors, light makeup and seemed to have a glow that radiated off of her skin and illuminated the area like an angel. Or maybe that was just in his mind. Either way, she was beautiful. Exactly like all of the pictures and the videos, maybe even better. He was stuck in his seat as he watched her walk closer and closer to where he was. His chest was beating fast, he couldn't think and he stopped breathing for a moment. His mind couldn't fully process the situation.

It took a couple of minutes Justin to snap out of it and realize that she came his way to get a beverage, since he wasn't too far from where all the self-serve non-alcoholic drinks were. He thought it was dope that she was actually getting it herself instead of having someone else do it with her being a big star and all. He's not a star at all and he would've probably asked someone to get it for him just because of laziness. It showed how humble she actually was.

Justin stood up, moving to where she was standing and looking over all of her options. He knew he had to act fast and say whatever he wanted to say because it didn't take that long to get a can of soda and walk away.

"Um, do you want me to.. get you anything?" he said, mentally beating himself up for sounding so nervous. Y/n looked up at him and smiled, making him do the same.

"No, I'm okay... do you work here or.." she asked him, not being too sure if he was just doing his job or being nice.

"No, no. I'm just... here, I guess." he said, chuckling afterwards. She looked at him for a couple of seconds before nodding her head, going back to reviewing her beverage choices. Justin knew he had to think fast, think of something that would get her attention or spark a conversation before she left.

"I love your song, by the way. Sunset, I mean. It's one of my favorites." he told her. This definitely caught her attention knowing that Sunset was a song you could only get when you preordered the album from a specific store. He didn't exactly strike her as a fan of her work, but he quickly proved her wrong.

"So you bought the album?" she asked with a sly smile.

"Yeah, I did. Once or.. twice." he answered, laughing.

"Really? I wouldn't have guessed that you like my music. That's really cool, thank you." she told him. He shrugged it off, saying that he wasn't a big deal and how talent should be supported. He beat himself up about every word he said but he didn't know that she loved everything that came out of his mouth. She loved even more than he hadn't asked her for anything, either. It can seem like fans only want a picture, an autograph or some other random request, instead of just connecting with the artist on a personal level.

"So what brings you to this party? You seem too chill to be at a party filled with egos." she said, reached for a Sprite and opening the bottle. She leaned against a nearby table and watched Justin, waiting for a reply. He was trying to contain his excitement that she seemed like she actually wanted to talk to him and didn't walk away.

"If I'm being honest... I wanted to meet you. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here." Justin told her. What he said brought a smile to her face. She always loved when people were genuine and she felt like Justin embodied that. And it didn't hurt that he was cute.   

"What's your name?" she asked him.

"Justin."

"Thanks for coming here just to meet me, Justin. That's really sweet and it made my day... Do you have a twitter or something I could follow you on?" she asked him, pulling her phone out of her back pocket. He didn't hesitate to put in his twitter and giving her his instagram when she asked. The whole thing seemed like it wasn't even happening in real life. He felt like he was dreaming and any splash of water or pinch of pain could wake him up from the best dream ever.

"I don't plan on being here long, but do you want to keep me company while Im here?" y/n asked him. He nodded his head so fast he swore it'd fly off his shoulders. Y/n chuckled at how cute he was before sitting down at the same table he was sitting at while he waited for her. They sat there talking music and movies and everything else under the sun. She told him how she liked how he actually talked to her and he shared how beautiful she thought she was as a person. The whole time, Justin smiled. His heart was so happy that he had finally met his fave after years of disappointment and heartache. The fact that she followed him on multiple sites now made him happy and gave him hope that maybe it wouldn't be their last meeting at all. That maybe he wouldn't be seen as just another fanboy to her. Either way, he was happy and didn't think he could ever get any happier. He finally met y/n and that was enough to have him smiling for weeks to come.

-

y'all, i got some feels while writing this thinking about when i met justin. he was upset every time i saw him but he's so beautiful. 😭 i love his lil bean head ahh. 🙄

besides justin, who is one person you REALLY wanna meet & why?

i'm gonna say.... kylie jenner because she's so much more than what people make he out to be. she's so sweet to me, like on the inside. like she's made of sunshine & cookies or something. lol she makes me really happy. she is bae and i wanna be her best friend. also, michael clifford because he's the male me. i just had to include him. 🙄