Still Confused

Abby

Jared takes off and I ride going to his parents but there's a bunch of cars parked out front so I ask what's going on but he shrugs saying he doesn't know. We walk in and an older guy walks through looking at Jared in an army uniform and Jared quickly runs over hugging him. I walk over and the guy looks at me then Jared.

So Jared, who's your friend?

He asks in his husky voice and Jared wraps his arm over me making his family look wide eyed.

Phil this is Abby my girlfriend. Abby this is my cousin Phil. He's been fighting in this damn war. We haven't seen him in almost three years.

I smile and shake his hand and ask where he was stationed and what branch he's in so he tells me a few things but I don't really understand much since he talks to everyone at once. I feel like an intruder here and I'm angry to. Why couldn't my dad live? It's not fair! I need air I'm so angry, I feel sick, I'm to hot.

Jared, Jared I need to...

the lights go out.

Give me a cool cloth. She's waking up honey sit down.

Emerald says trying to calm someone.

Are you sure Mom? What's wrong with her? Why'd she pass out?

Jared asks panicked

I don't know but she was calling for you and Phil caught her so we're lucky she didn't get hurt. Has she eaten today? She's burning up. Take this jacket off her.

She insist as I open my eyes and try to help but she tells me to let her do it. So I let them take off my jacket revealing my black and pink corset top. The cool air hits me and I sigh.

It's so hot. Where's my Jared?

I sit up but Jared kneels down taking my hand.

I'm right here honey. Let's get your jacket off the rest of the way and walk out back for you to cool off.

He says pushing my hair out of my face.

I pull my jacket off and he pulls me up then Phil looks at me and grins. So I thank him for catching me but he chuckles.

Well I had to do my good deed for the day didn't I?

He jokes so I smile as Jared leads me through the house to the back but we can still hear his family talking about us while he shakes his head.

So what's with Jared and that girl are they serious? He's awfully clingy and she's all about him to calling him her Jared. That's not like him to hug up on a girl like that.

Phil asks Jared dad Ronald.

I don't know for sure the little I have talked to him he seems like I was when I met Emerald but he's confused about it still. But she seems like she's set on keeping him. Emerald talked to her and apparently she's already talking in the we's form. Everything's we and our so you know what that means.

Yeah. She's got his ass and he's blind to it.

Well yeah. I think he's got her's to but they actually fit really good together. She wants to work even though she doesn't have to. She supports him and his goals. And she gets along with our family. I really don't know about her family but Jared gets along with pretty much everyone. They're perfect together. I give it a year and they'll be engaged.

Ronald says so I look at Jared who grins. We walk back in and Emerald asks if I'm feeling better so I tell her yes but they still make me sit down. Jared goes to hang out with the guys then someone asks who the fancy green car belongs to. Emerald looked out and asked me if it was mine.