Preparation

Abby

I take Kelsey home to get her bikini but Nick shows up and I tell her not to tell him where we're going so she doesn't. He pulls me to him and his dad smiles but I push him back.

I talked to my brothers Liam and Sean. Liam took me to meet my father and they're happy to have me. I guess I have a pretty big family. I'm glad you're such a good friend that you helped me find them. It's nice that you don't expect sex from me. Most guys would. Liam already asked if he had to kill you.

He chuckles and their dad looks at us curious overhearing but Nick surprises me.

Yeah Liam doesn't have to worry about that. I don't play in the virgin zone. We're strictly friends. You're still coming to a party Friday and hanging out right?

No Nick your going to a party. I can't party and hang out with you because you need someone who will give you what you want and that's not me. Oh and stop telling people we fooled around and you got me off because we both know you never touched me to get me off. If I keep hearing it I will tell Liam to go ahead and handle things.

Kelsey smiles and I walk over to her wrapping my arm around her waist but her dad looks at us as Nick scoffs pissed that I told him off and cancelled our date.

Plus, Nick your not my type.

I look at Kelsey who giggles wrapping her arm around me as she kisses my cheek.

What the hell Kelsey you never... Dad she's a... This is bullshit!

We smile as he storms out squealing the tires as he takes off but we bust out laughing. I look at her then pushing her off me.

Get off me hooker. You really do need a boyfriend.

I laugh but her dad chuckles

So you girls just played Nick?

We nod and laugh and he smiles.

Thank God. I really didn't want to explain to your mother that you were a lesbian. You know how she can be with her religious upbringing.

She giggles and tells him were going out then asks if she can stay the night with me Friday so he smiles and tells her she can. We leave and we head over to Kohl's. I want to make sure about being off Friday before just assuming.

I'll be right back I just have to double check my schedule with Lynn.

I run in passing Jackie and Jessica who gives me a strange look because they knows I'm off. I walk in Lynn's office and she smile.

Oh hi Abby. I wasn't expecting to see you today. What brings you in?

I wanted to make sure you were sure you don't need me tomorrow. My step dad told me you called and said you didn't need me. I was just double checking.

She looks at me strange so I step closer to her.

I never called your step dad but I think I know who may have. Did you already make plans?

Well I have a school talent show and that date with Nick but I can cancel. I don't want to lose my job. I like working here.

She smiled shaking her head.

No you take tomorrow off . You've proven you're a good worker in the short time you've been here. I know who called so I'll deal with her plus your school talent show is with going on. You just video it and bring me a copy. If you know anyone who's looking for a job that's as good as you at working then send them in. We're about to lose another employee.