Time For Court

Abby

We all get up and head to school but Jake complains that we kept him up even though he stayed up later than us so Kevin finally tells him off about it so he shuts up.

I swear I had to turn the tv up three damn times because of you guys. Next time go out to the barn. At least nobody can hear you there.

Why so you can walk in like you did last time. You almost caught a show.

Kevin chuckles and Jake shakes his head saying we have no boundaries. I laugh but agree.

No. If I want I'll take Kevin in the schools supply closet or on the roof. Hell we'll ditch and go out to one of our cars.

I say walking off to my locker. Jake says something to Kevin who answers then we make our way to our classes. We get to third period and April talks to Mrs. Bogg's who's been randomly picking people to sing. She looks at me and smiles as she takes her place so I frown knowing she's up to no good. Mrs. Bogg's looks around the room and asks who wants to sing but nobody volunteers then she looks at me and I groan. I knew it, damn that April.

Abigail it's your turn. I'll show you a few songs. You can pick one of them unless you have one in mind?

I sake my head but April yells out telling her I know Brittany Spears Toxic and Womanizer and Christina Aguilera's Fighter. I look at her as Kevin gives her a dirty look. She grins and looks then smiles pulling out the Christina Aguilera CD.

Do you think you can hit the notes?

I think so.

I've been able to avoid singing in front of Kevin and Jake since the lunch room but April busted me when she came to visit by surprise. I didn't know she was standing in the living room listening to me sing until she started clapping. I lock the door now and that's when I got the security system put it in both houses. I take the Mic and glare at April as the music starts. Then look at Kevin and sigh as he grins then I start singing as Mrs. Bogg's turns up the music so I have to sing louder. I look at her confused by this. She didn't do it to the others. Maybe she's trying to break me out of my shell so I let go and sing. April smiles as I finish and give the Mic to Mrs. Bogg's who tells me I need to join the drama team. I thank her but refuse then take my seat. I look at April calling her a bitch but she blows me a kiss then risk a look at Kevin who smiles at me. I grin But after class he pulls me to him while the others tell me good job but he starts on me.

Why don't you ever sing? You have a pretty voice. I've only heard you twice now but today you blew the lunch room out of the water.

April walks over then blabbing her mouth.

She sings all the time when she thinks nobodies around. She's shy and has stage freight. She hates singing in front of people. She doesn't like her voice. The lunch room was a fluke and today was forced by me.

She runs off as Kevin grabs my arm when I try to punch her telling me she's not worth it. I frown and we go on to class. By time we get to lunch word is out that I sang but now Mrs. Bogg's is showing a video of it to teach the other students how she wants them to perform. I scoff but Kevin chuckles so I elbow him and go sit with Candy.

Aw come on babe at least you were good.

He says with humor still in his voice. I remind the girls to wear their costumes to the party tomorrow night or they'll lose their tops. Then we go on to our classes. After we get through psychology we go to shop and I see a car sitting there. I smile and take my place then Mr. Jean's start going over fuel infection and motors and other things cars have so we listen to the list then we each get assigned a task Kevin and I get the fuel lines. They're all rusted and need replaced so we take one off and replace it then do another this way we don't mix them up. By the end of class were hooking up the last line and covered in fuel. It's a good thing we wear these suits. We give our paper to Mr. Jean and head out to our lockers and go to Kevin's car then head to Milford skipping fitness. We park and fool around a little then I tell him he stinks.