Torn

Abby

We get to math and I look at Kevin who realizes I don't want to be with Jake so he grins and grabs my hand pulling me over to him. Jake scoffs but Kelsey snicker as she goes to talk to the teacher then Jake looks at Kevin as I pull my bag over my other shoulder.

I can walk a girl safely to her class you know.

Go see Mr. Call sweetie.

Kevin says smacking my ass as I start to leave but I looked back as Jake looks at us shaking his head but I shake mine and take off to see Mr. Call who sits me between Sam and Candy in the very back with Kelsey right in front of me. I do my work then draw Kevin saving me from Jake and how he seemed relieved to get me away from him but Jake who's irritated but disappointed to. I sign the corner then move my carbon paper to the next pages so I can draw the next picture and start drawing a girl on a guys shoulders but she's leaning over kissing him. I start shading and realize it's me and Kevin. I didn't mean to. I was just drew drawing to draw I wasn't drawing anyone in particular. I quickly finish the picture and sign it then date it on the back. Then I put my carbon paper away. I take my work up then put my things away but Candy points and whispers.

I saw that.

I shake my head.

No you didn't.

She smiles and nods so I lean over to her desk and start helping her with her work. A few minutes later she bops up front turning her work in but she trips over Sam's bag on the way up. Kevin catches her asking if she's okay and she nods as I look down pulling my bag into my lap. She sits down then looks at Kevin who looks back grinning at us. The bell rings so I stand up and walk to the door where Kevin pulls me under his arm and we walk to government. We walk in and I sit down. When I finish my working I carefully pull out my sketch book and opening it past the drawing so Kevin doesn't see. I draw a face and shadow it for a depressed look then sign it as Kevin looks over and grins. I doesn't make a copy so I rip it out putting it in my folder and start drawing again with a new sheet of carbon paper. I start with bodies and decide to go with a realistic look so I start with the chest up. I draw the couple's bodies and frown. I drew me and start drawing Alex but as I start drawing Alex morphs into Kevin so I sit there starring at the picture. How did that happen? They look nothing alike and I'm only friends with Kevin. What the hell? I quickly pull the carbon paper putting it in my folder then shut my book and throw it in my bag. I lay my head down but Brice chuckles making me look at him.

Keep laughing and I will stab you with my pencil.

I threaten him so he shuts up and looks at Kevin who grins. We go on to music where Mrs. Bogg's insist we learn to read music so I try but I'll never get that down. Then we head to English where Jake quickly pulls me away from Kevin and honestly I feel somewhat relieved. The drawings have me rattled. We walk to class and I see Kevin watching us but Sean walks over.

Get your hands off my sister Jake!

He demands so Kevin walks over and pulling me away but he obviously doesn't know me to well. I push him back before he can respond.

No Sean! I'll let Jake do whatever I want him to! He's my friend just like Kevin is! He's just a friend! Get over it you don't have to like him but he's mine so back off!

This is between us Abby!

Sean tries to move me but I refuse.

Don't push me! Get over it they broke up and he's not after her. She's the one taunting him! I know, I see it! You saw it this morning. She's trying to make you fight! Leave my friends alone or you can both move out and they'll move in with me! Come on Jake my brother doesn't even know you but wants to fight over stupid stuff.