Welcome To Milford

Abby

I get up for school and find a text from Nick.

Morning beautiful. Hope you have a great first day at school.

I smile and message back.

Morning, thank you.

I dress for work then pull on my fat girl clothes then groan because I know I can't wear my beanie because of the school policy here so I retire it. I put my make-up on and grab my things for school then go to the kitchen. I make coffee and get Ken's cup ready then he walks in. Before I can say anything he hands me twenty dollars and I hand him his coffee and I smile. I put the money in my pocket then kiss his cheek and head out to school. I know he wants me to take off the fat clothes but he's letting me be me. I pull in at school and the other student look at my car but when I step out they frown then look away but Tom smiles and nods. I look at my schedule and head to my locker. Then Tom walks over making the others stare.

Hey, so what's your schedule like?

I hand my schedule to him and he scoffs.

What the he'll! They put you in shop? Most girls get home ec.

Well I already know how to cook and sew so yeah. Plus I was already in shop down in Georgia and they just transferred my classes. Why are you in my class?

No but Andy is and he's good so he's probably going to pick on you for every little thing.

I shrug telling him I can handle Andy. Some other students walking by give us dirty looks but we ignore them. Then he showed me where my classes are before takes off to his class so I walk in to my first class and meet the teacher Mrs. Thomas.
She smiles sweetly then sends me to a seat. I sit quietly beside a blonde who keeps looking at me so I pull my hair forward to hide my face. After class I go to music where Andy smirks at me. We sing a few songs but I try not to sing loud but Mrs. Libbes calls me out on it and make me come to the front.

Okay so I have one rule you sing proper or you sing for the class and they get to pick a song but since it's your first day I won't punish you.

She tells me I need to sing normal and not to hide my voice but I don't like to sing so I just nod and go back to my place next to the blonde girl who's been looking at me since last period but she decides nudges me.

Hey I'm Kelsey. I could hear you and you're really good. What class do you have next?

I look at her shrugging.

Government.

Cool me to. We can walk together.

I nod and look over to see Tom smiling at me but we have to sing a couple more songs so I sing like everyone else so I don't get into trouble. When class is over Tom hurries over telling me he's shocked that I didn't have to sing for the class but I shrug it off. He takes off to his next class and Andy follows him but Kelsey grabs my arm pushing in on my side and notices there's nothing there so she pulls my clothes tight but I pull away before anyone sees.

Why are you wearing those big clothes? Your so tiny.

I don't like attention okay. Can you just leave it alone and not tell anyone?

She agrees and we go to class Mr. Gears has me sit behind Kelsey who introduced her cousin Chris who's sits beside me. They both have the same blonde hair and green eyes so it must be a family trait and boy is he a dream. He says hello then quickly goes back to talking to the girl on the other side of him. When class ends Kelsey grabs my arm like we're best friends.