Secrets

Abby

Abby, Kevin. Sean's here!

Jake yells while we're dressing.

Okay!

I yell back letting him know we're up. Kevin picks up my broken picture and throws the glass away then asks what I want to do about the frame and picture. I look at the picture of a random eagle and tell him to throw it away that it's not important so he drops it in the trash but the picture flips forward and money falls out with a letter. Kevin picks it up looking at me but I shrug so he opens the old letter.

My dear Heather,
I know it's not much but I know your pregnant and I don't know if it's mine or Patrick's. I want you to come back if you decide you want to be with me. I'll raise the child either way. You know I love you. There's enough here to get you both home from any state you may be in. Just remember I love you.
                     Forever yours,
                               Carson

I pull the frame and picture out grinning then stick the money back in the envelope and put it in the safe away from my other money.

My mom insisted I take this picture but I didn't know why. I guess I do now. He really loved her.

I lay the letter with the money and close the safe.

Yeah it sounds like he did. It's to bad she didn't realize it before he died. Maybe you would've gotten to know him.

He hugs me and we go out to meet Sean. We spend the day just hanging out. He helps make out the invitations to the party then I take drinks and pizza out to Peter and his crew.

Thank you Abby. We'll be finishing up in a couple hours we just have to smooth out this concrete and we'll be done. We're just waiting on them to get here and I already have some of my guys working on the property across the street.

I look and see some guys weed eating around the house.

You know they don't have to save any of the flowers I'm going to replace all of them. Oh and Peter, as for the party. Your welcome to come and bring your friends. There'll be plenty of people here and I'm sure you'll know some of them.

Thanks. We may come I have another party to go to that night but we'll see. Jake's usually pretty fun to party with so I may show up.

You may be shocked, I have rules. You have to dress up. No costume, no shirt. It doesn't matter your gender. If you show up without a costume you lose your top or you leave. Okay?

That's kinda harsh isn't it? Men and women topless together.

No if I forgot my costume and came to your party and that was the rule would you make me follow it?

He grins not wanting to answer so I snicker and nod.

Yes you would and that's okay because it's a rule so I'd follow it. My luck I wouldn't be wearing a bra and you'd get to see all my accessories.

They're eyes widen but I just smirk. I'm past the bashful stage. I look at the house as Kevin looks out and says Sean's leaving.

Well, I'll see you later. Try not to work to hard.

I say bye as I walk off toward the house. They start talking as I leave and the concrete truck pulls up so he sends it over to Clark but I jump up on Sean's back knocking him to the ground. We laugh and he tickles me as all the guys watch then he pulls me up picking my hair before I hug him and he leaves. Soon after the concrete truck leaves and Jake walks back to the house then comes to me laughing.