DNA Results

Abby

The days roll on and I bye stools and seat for out in the barn. Then I bye a couple picnic tables that the guys put beside the barn out by the new pond. They make an area for the bonfire. Peter comes by collecting his tools from the barn and check out the improvements I've made with the new refrigeration system. He says he like them then says he'll see us at the party. I remind him of the rule and he smiles then takes off. Jake complains that the pond didn't fill with water so I tell him to call a water guy and have water brought in for it so he does and the guy shakes his head when I tell him it's for the pond and why. He laughs at Jake for being a crybaby then goes on his way but now the waters nasty brown so I go get something to clean it and color it turning it a blue green color. I call it teal but I don't know the color it's just pretty to me. Kelly starts coming over everyday and we hang out while the guys work but her parents always call at nine telling her to get home. She does as they say but plans to move as soon as she's turns eighteen. I talk to Patrick and he looks at my house across the street. He walks through and I point out everything and why I had it done. He agrees the house is ready and is a lot nicer than it was before. We walk to the back deck that now extends to the pool. He smiles and looks around at the surrounding lot.

I see you even put in a walk way to get around the house and you had the proper plants placed as well. It seems you've found yourself some fine contractors.

He says approvingly so I smile.

I have two guys I use for all my work. Clark Lykins and Peter Lawson. They get things done and do as I ask them.

Yes, Clark and his men do fine work but you keep an eye on them and their spending. Don't let the bill go to high. Clark has a tendency to over charge sometimes and Peter. Well Peter, he's still young but very experienced. His uncle's have worked him on several jobs since he was a little boy. He's learned a lot of trades so he can do nearly anything but what he can't do I'm sure he knows someone who can. He's a good contractor to have in your book but if your going to use him make sure to have him sign a contract and have him get insurance so your not liable if him or his crew get hurt.

I agree and we talk about my options for the house then he tells me that lease option to buy is usually a good way to go these days because a lot of people can't get loans right away and it gives them some time to get their credit fixed to get the loan. I agree and he tells me how much I should ask and we set up contracts on my laptop.

Abigail I actual came over today for a different reason. Although this has been nice spending this time with you. I'd like for you to come with me to your grandparents. The whole family is there and they're anxiously waiting for us to arrive. See I got our DNA results and we'll my dad was able to pull some strings and sent Carson's DNA over to be tested also so his results are here as well. I know it's sudden but would you come with me?

I smile and remember looking at Ginger and how much we resemble each other. She's got to be my sister. I mean we look like twins. There's no way they both can produce identical girls. That would just be weird. I agree and I go get my car and lock up my house. I follow him over and text Kevin what's going on but he's working so he won't reply until his break. We pull in and I follow him to the door and he looks at me telling me either way I can still come to him for anything. I smile and hug him. Then we walk in.

It's about time you guys got here dang. We've been waiting forever.

Sean complains but Kathryn slaps him and Patrick walks past him shaking his head going to talk to his dad handing him the envelopes while Kathryn takes my hand.

Come on honey we have a seat for you right up here. This is Carson's place and you'll sit next to it beside Patrick. After the results are read we'll adjust the seating to put you in your proper place.