We Need To Talk

Abby

I pull in and see Alex is already here. I grab the brownies and walk to the door but before I can knock Tracy opens the door in the dress I got her.

Awe look it fit perfect. You're so pretty in it to.

I walk in but Dave takes the brownies and caramel then Alex quickly walks over hugging me. He tells me I shouldn't have bought her the dress but I look at her smiling and dancing around so I smile.

Why she loves it and she's so pretty in it. Don't you like it on her or was you wanting to buy it later we can buy something else for her if you want?

He looks at me like he's curious about something then leads me to the living room where Kim's sitting with Jane and Cliff. I say hello and Kim hugs me. They continue working on their puzzle so I sit down and start helping then Dave walks in with Tracy but she has chocolate on her face so I grin knowing they snuck in the brownies and Kim smacks him for letting her.

I couldn't help myself they're still warm.

They're really good to.

Tracy giggles as Alex smiles at me and I laugh.

They'll stay warm if you leave them in the carrier I brought them in.

Dave looks then takes off to the kitchen in a hurry as Cliff laughs telling him to hurry up and get them back I'm the carrier. We work on the puzzle a little while longer then I get up to sit next to Alex and Kim gets up going to the kitchen as Jane follows so I pat his knee and follow them. Jane sits at the table while Kim pulls lasagna from the oven then puts the garlic bread in. We make the plates then the oven dings and she pulls out the garlic bread and Jane walked over and cut it up. They question me about Alex and want to know if we're going to pursue a future together but I tell them I'm not sure what he wants but I really like him. They laugh and we put the garlic bread on the plates then Jane calls the men and Tracy to eat. After dinner we all eat brownies and Alex squeezes my hand but they start asking questions again but Alex tells them we're just taking our time getting to know each other first.

So Abby do you plan on staying at kohl or do you have plans on a better job?

Kim asks so I laugh

As much as I like my job I don't plan to work at Kohl's forever. I want to be an anesthesiologist but I struggle with chemistry so I have to really focus in me classes. But I'm not to worried about it I know I'll get there.

She smiles pleased with my answer.

Well, you shouldn't worry. If you lose that job you can always find another one.

She don't have to work she chooses to.

I elbow him and he grabs his ribs laughing but they look at us confused.

What? If you're gonna be with me. You're gonna have to tell them.

He says as I punch his shoulder.

Alex is right. I don't have to work but I choose to earn my way in life rather than live off my inheritance.

Tracy being so young and innocent smiles and asks what an inheritance is so Kim explains it to her. Then being a curious eight year old she asks the next obvious question.

Well how much inheritance did you get?

Tracy! You don't ask a question like that it's rude.

Dave scolds her but I smile paying her knee.

No it's okay. Thirty four million dollars Tracy. That's what I've gotten so far. I'll get more when I turn eighteen. Then more when I turn twenty one. In the end I'll end up with ninety million. I don't tell anyone because I don't want people using me for my money. Your uncle Alex just found out yesterday.