Friend or Foe

Abby

I wake up when Jared gets up to check on the pups. I've decided to take the chance and give him access to my safe and he hasn't argued with me about it but he has tried to give my money back a couple times so I told him I want him to be the one in control of the money while we're out. It seems to make him happy thinking I'm giving him power over me. I dress then we go down to find Preston has breakfast ready. We eat then I put food outside for the pups and lock the doggie door so they stay in the back yard we lock up and head to off to school but when we pull out I notice Paula pulling out of the driveway across from ours. She frowns when she sees us but we go on. We get to school and Jared pulls me under his arm so I wrap my arm around him. We get a few looks and I feel awkward holding him but this is new for him so I push myself to move forward. He's a hand holder and not big on public affection. We go on through our classes and meet up at shop where I work with Paula again. We work on the master cylinder but she looks at me and grins.

Thank you for defending me. I know we don't get along and you and Bradley liked each other so you didn't have to.

She says quietly but I huff.

Well for one he likes me I don't like him and another thing I don't support cheating. I've been through it and it sucks. Oh and I wouldn't have a problem with you if you didn't pick on everyone you felt was beneath you but your welcome.

We go wash up and Jared chuckles telling me the whole class was listening to us. I shrug and wrap my arm around him as we go on to fitness. We behave ourselves and it's a good thing to because the janitor uses the closet today. We get through the rest of school and Jared takes me home then hurries to dress and rushes to get ready for the game. We play with the pups and give them some more food then head back out. Taking him a change of clothes. We pull in and he kisses me telling me he'll see me after the game and takes off. I go to the concession and get a drink but run into Leah and Suzy who has a black eye.

Oh my god Suzy what happened to your face?

I ask concerned but Leah shakes her head while Suzy frowns

I'm not with Pam anymore. She beat me up because I did what you told me to. I suggested use Preston and she flipped out and beat the shit out of me.

I squeezed my drink on reflex getting pissed but the lid pops off so Preston looks as walk by in his uniform but keeps going to the locker room but I grab her.

Let's go! Take me to the bitch!

No Abby she's a good fighter. It's fine, really!

She complains but Paula taps my shoulder.

I'll take you. I know where they live. I'll even help kick that bitches ass. Suzy didn't deserve that just for making a suggestion. It's good to experiment.

She offers but I smirk knowing she's a good fighter then look at Suzy telling her to make her choice. Either take me or Paula is.

Fine I'll take you but Pam's...

I stop her.

Don't worry about that. Nobody messes with my friends and they definitely don't hit them. Paula if you want to make shit right bring your ass on.

She nods saying she's right behind us. I get in with Suzy and we took off but Leah jumps in the back seat refusing to stay behind. We pull in and go up to the apartment.

Suzy get her things when we get in here. You can take them to my house.

I insist as we get to the door then walk in but Pam wants to argue. Suzy starts getting her things but Pam pushes her so I step in and Paula stands behind me while Suzy packs.