I'm Not A Bully

Abby

I wake up to the sound off the guys leaving for school so I get up and get dressed. I can't stand the way this house looks it's disgusting so I quickly clean then head out the door. The neighbor looks at me as I walk out and asks who I am.

Oh hello. I'm Abby, Levi's cousin. I just got back in town and Levi let me stay with him for a few nights until I can find a place of my own.

I say politely but the olds woman grins.

I see he didn't take after you're side off the family or he'd pay me what I'm owed. That house was beautiful before those boys and that junkie moved in. They're always late paying rent and the place is falling apart. I told them I won't fix another thing until they get out.

I smile knowing I can burn her ass.

Can you put that in writing? I want to prove something to them because they don't think they should move.

She smiles and writes it down without hesitation then I ask how much rent they owe so I pay it and get a receipt and tell her to make it out to Levi since he's her tenant. She does and I smile.

Well you see as a home owner myself you have to fix the home you're tenants lives in as necessary. The inside is in fine condition I can assure you of that and you may not like that junkie but that's my mother and I came here to get her help. I suggest you fix this house before I own it. You see this note you gave me proves you are a slumlord and that will get you in big trouble with the court system so I suggest you fix the roof and porch as soon as possible. Now I have things to do but I'll be home right after Levi and I expect to see something started by then or you can at least be talking to Levi about some improvements. Oh and you can leave this conversation out of that conversation. Have a great day ma'am.

I say politely then get in my car and drive off. I pull in and park in the student parking grabbing my book bag. I walk through the mess of students as they rush to class before the bell rings but they look at me funny. Some say hi others look me over like they recognize me but they're not sure if it's me. I walk in the office and Mrs. Lamb smiles at me.

Well look at you Abigail. Aren't you a sight for sore eyes. Here's your schedule and you're books. Your uncle asked us to collect everything for you. Here's your locker information. Sorry you couldn't have the same locker. We've gotten a few new students since you left.

I smile telling her that's okay and head off to my first period government. I walk in and Mr. Jones looks at me and grins.

Well class look who's back and she seems to have made herself over. Abigail your old seat is still available so please sit down.

He continues telling me to turn to the page they're on then continues his lesson. I walk to my seat as Paula and a few others stare at me. I do my work then as my usual start drawing then look over to my right to see Ian smile at me. He never once glanced at me before but he's not one of the social big boys either. I draw him in character form. I make him blue and put him in a red toga then turn his hair red but make it long and style it like he does it. I make him a warrior. I give him a sword and surround him with fire even having him standing in it. Then I look at the time and throw my colored pencils in my box before put it in my bag signing the back of the picture and quickly take my work to Mr. Jones but when I get back to my seat there's a note on my desk.

Thanks for drawing me. I didn't know I could look so cool but then again I didn't know you could look the way you do either. Welcome back. See ya around. Ian

I look over but the bell rings and he takes off with the guys he hangs out with. I put my things away and walk to my locker putting some of my things in as Paula walks over to me.