Arrangement-Excerpt

I walk around the corner to meet Brett where he told me. I am a few minutes early but I don't think he will mind. I am glad that he said that he will forgive me for having to break up with him. I still can't believe that Brandon could so easily ruin my life then not care a wink about it! I look up from the sidewalk and I see two people making out. I start to shield my eyes and apologize when I realize just who those two people are. 

"Brett? Anne?! You have got to be kidding me! You are kidding me, right? Am I like being pranked?" I scream. 

"Scar? What are you doing here? Why is she here Bretty-Poo?" Anne asks. 

"Bretty-Poo? You're her freaking Bretty-Poo? What happened Brett?! Why is this happening? My ex-boyfriend and my best friend? No wait, my former best friend?!" I yell. Anne looks hurt at the last words but I don't care. She deserves it. 

"Scar. You're off the market like, permanently and you KNOW I liked Brett. It just turns out that he likes me too." Anne says. Brett is still standing there dumbly, not saying anything, not even defending himself. 

"I can't believe this! Anne I will never forgive you! Our friendship is over! Brett, well you can just go jump in a pit of snakes. Don't hesitate to take Anne along with you." I am sobbing now. Anne tries to reach out and grab me but I turn and start to walk away. 

"Oh well." She whispers then I hear them start making out again. I break off into a sprint. I have to get the hell out of there.

I don't know where I'm running to or how long I have been running but I don't stop until my foot catches on something and I fall to the ground. Unfortunately, what tripped me was the edge of the sidewalk. I land hard onto the concrete and I can feel the blood starting to flow from new cuts on my knees and hands. I don't get up. I bow down, defeated and sobbing. My sobs ripple through my entire body and I feel like an empty shell. I have no energy or motivation to get up.  

I stay there in the same position even after it gets dark. Soon, it gets so dark that I start to believe I'm unconscious, except for the fact that I can see a pair of headlights coming down the street. I close my eyes and wait for the sound of the car rolling by but instead, I hear it drive up to me and park.  

I hear someone's sharp intake of breath and I don't know whether it comes from me in fright or from the driver. I hear a car door open and footsteps coming around the car. My new fear runs through my body and up to my brain, run, run, run you idiot run! So I listen. I get up and start to sprint like my life depends on it, who knows? Maybe it does. I hear heavy footsteps behind me telling me that they are chasing after me now. My pursuer is catching up to me and I just run as fast as my aching legs can carry me.  

Turns out they are faster than me.  

They slam into me and a strong arm wraps around my waist and they roll, taking most of the impact of the hard sidewalk. I hear them groan in pain and I see this as my opportunity to bolt. He, I can now tell it is a male, must read my mind because his grip around my waist tightens and his other arm is now holding me captive as well. He is breathing heavy but I don't think he is in pain anymore. I begin to kick and elbow him, trying to break free of his clutches. 

"Scarlett can you please stop elbowing me in the stomach?" A deep, familiar voice requests. Immediately I stop.  

"Brandon! What the hell? You scared me so badly! I thought you were going to kidnap me!" I cry. Oh man, no! I cannot start crying again! Not in front of Brandon!  

"Scarlett I was out looking for you! Your parents are worried sick about you! They thought you did get kidnapped! Why didn't you come home today?" He yells. 

"I didn't feel like it." I say, trying to hide my tears but my voices wobbles at the end, I just hope he doesn't notice. 

"Scarlett are you crying? I'm sorry for yelling but everyone was just so worried. I was the only one put together enough to go and look for you, which I have been doing for about an hour, so you can only imagine my frustration. Please don't cry." Brandon's voice is significantly softer and kinder now, not what I wanted. 

"I'm not crying." I say, knowing it's no use. He can hear it in my voice. He sits me up and gently brushes his hand across my cheek. He can feel the salty wetness from my tears and he knows I'm lying. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his chest. That is when I notice that he has me sitting in his lap. He can control me without any effort at all.

A/N This is a scene from like, the middle of a story I'm writing called Arrangement. This may be confusing without background but I couldn't really find anything else to post and I haven't posted this in a really long time. I hope you enjoyed it! 

Love, 

Eryn