Fireworks

Boom! Boom! Boom! The sky lights up in red, gold, blue. The smell of gunpowder is fresh in the air. My wavy brown hair sticks to the back of my neck from sweat and humidity. Boom! A green light illuminates the night. A warm summer breeze tickles my cheeks and flutters my hair. I brush my hair from my face with my fingers and throw it up into a simple, untidy bun. The embers from a purple firework float down back to earth, dangerously close to my blanket. I get startled and shuffle away but it lands next to me and a stranger quickly snuffs it out for me. I look up to thank them and find myself gazing into a pair of familiar smoky blue eyes. I smile as I remember earlier in the night.

I had just set up the blankets when my best friend, Cassidy, went to go get pretzels from a nearby vendor. I slipped on my Pompton Lakes lacrosse jacket because it was starting to get a little chilly.

"You know, that might not be the best idea. You are in Ridgewood ya know." A deep voice says from behind me.

"What are you going to do about it? Beat me up?" I reply flirtatiously, turning around. He bends down and picks me up in a fireman's carry and jogs away from my blankets. I scream, half because this is fun but half because I've never seen this guy in my life.

A/N

Hey this is something that I wrote on July fourth at my town's fireworks. I might elaborate but I'm not sure. Comment or vote if you think I should! Thanks! Enjoy!

-Eryn

P.S. There are not really my town and this is not true. (Well, the part about the guy. Everything else is true)