Chapter Nineteen: Hermione's POV

Start from the beginning

"You look beautiful." The tiny vampire tells me, and I feel my cheeks warm slightly as I blush.

"Thanks. You do too, obviously." I lean back into the soft leather, enjoying the new car smell, as Alice drives through Forks, at least thirty miles over the speed limit. "You are very lucky I know that your reflexes are like lightning." I tell her, as the speedometer twitches past 110 on the open road, leading to Port Olympia. Alice's laughter is like bells.

"You have the sexiest accent, you know." She smirks, wiggling her eyebrows in my direction.

"You wouldn't find it so sexy after living in Britain for eight years," I rebut, returning her lascivious look, "personally, I find it very common place. Your accent however..." I trail off, licking my lips suggestively.

Our flirting has become somewhat of a game and a tease at the same time. While complimenting each other, Alice tries to make me blush and I try to make her show the vampire equivalent of blushing- some kind of loss of control. Alice has it much easier- while I tend to blush easily, trying to make a vampire visibly react is hard. Very hard. Which makes every victory that much sweeter... and hotter, I can't help thinking as her eyes darken slightly, her pupils dilating, her gaze stuck on my lips.

"Better concentrate on the road, love." I murmur, in my huskiest, most thickly accented voice. Alice's unnecessary breath hitches and her eyes, now pitch black, move up to meet mine as she slams her foot down on the breaks.

The Porsche skids to a halt and I bounce forward in my seat slightly, gasping as the seatbelt winds me, but then Alice's lips are pressed against my own and she's straddling me, her hands tangling in my, for once, silky straight hair. I tilt my head back moaning as her tongue, cold as ice, traces the shape of my lips, before darting into my mouth.

The kiss is electric, somehow both thorough and teasing at the same time. I close my eyes and give myself over to the sensations: the coolness and slight weight of the small vampire, the glorious wetness of her mouth and the small flickers of her tongue. There's a familiar warmth in my lower abdomen that's sending tingles throughout my body and as I pull back for air Alice's icy lips travel down to press against my throat, my collarbone, then back up to my lips.

I can basically feel the blood rushing through my veins, can feel every touch, every move, the beautiful, tiny, goddess straddling my lap is making. This feels so right, so perfect.

I open my eyes, let my fingers trail down her sides, then slipping under the skirt of her dress to caress her slim thighs. She moans, her hips twitching, and her hands are suddenly over mine, guiding them higher. The tips of my fingers brush against something silky and lacy, and I inhale a shaky breath as Alice writhes in my lap and whimpers.

How beautiful she must look making love, my mind whispers. All wild and uninhibited... Her hands leave their position above mine to make their way under my sweater, her slim fingers playing with the hem of my jeans, slipping under in a teasing manner, before gliding up across the skin of my stomach, igniting a path of goose-bumps along my flushed skin.

A sudden honking brings us both back to the present as a truck barrages past us, and my cheeks go bright red in mortification as I realize that we're parked in the middle of the road, snogging frantically, with Alice's hands up my shirt and mine up her skirt.

Alice looks similarly chagrined as she slides off my lap and back over to her seat, adjusting her dress as she does so. My cheeks must resemble a tomato, even as my body hums and I am hyper-aware of the dampness between my thighs. I cross my legs, the movement doing little to dull the throbbing of my arousal.

"Well," Alice says, combing a strand of her hair back behind her ears, "that just happened." I laugh, recognizing my own words, before adding.

"Again."