When You Get Scared

Kai

I blinked open my eyes, yawning heavily and searching around for where the heck I was. I remembered hanging out with the ninja and Kai last night, but nothing else. All the lights suddenly flickered off and I gasped, scooting back in the bed I was in. 

I reached the corner of the bed where it intersects with the wall. I pulled my knees to my chest, realizing I was wearing what I was wearing last night and I was barefoot. I pinched my eyes closed and hid my head in my knees, being scared of the dark.

My breathing became rough as I covered my ears and kept my eyes shut. I heard the door creak open but I didn't look up to find who it was, I kept my head down and my knees pulled close. "Woah." I heard faintly. Someone sat down with me, placing a hand on my knee and pulling me close to them, I threw my elbow back and jumped out of the bed, trying to reach the door, not even looking who I hit.

"Y/N!" the voice called out, arms wrapping around my waist, keeping me from going anywhere. I tried to squirm free, kicking my legs back, "It's Kai, Y/N. Calm down."

I finally stopped struggling and turned around in my boyfriend's arms, burying my face into his chest. "It's alright, baby. It's alright, look, I'll turn on the lights." he told me, lifting me slightly off the ground and walking to the light switch. The lights flickered on and I sighed in relief, not letting go of Kai. "You fell asleep here last night, okay? Don't be afraid of the dark, I won't let anything happen to you."

Jay

I closed the lid to the trash can outside by the street outside my gates. I heard a faint ruffle of leaves coming from the bush behind me and I jerked my head that direction, narrowing my eyes, I wasn't going to act like someone in a horror movie where I call out, "Hello" and expect someone to answer. 

I went with the logical choice and typed in 911 on my phone, ready to call the police if needed. The leaves shook again and I took a small step backwards, ready to call for help. I waited three seconds until something emerged from the opposite side of the bushes, Jay walked towards me from the street. 

"Were you- are you- did--?" I kept stuttering, glancing back to the bushes. "It was probably some rabbit, Y/N, don't worry about it," he replied, slinging an arm over my shoulder. I shrugged and nodded slightly, "You're probably right, just a rabbit."

Cole

I woke up in a room that wasn't mine, there was a bathroom connected to it and the door was closed. I suddenly felt really small, like the room was getting bigger. It's this problem I have with new environments or areas, it's like a horrible case of claustrophobia. I immediately ran to the door, tugging at the door handle that wouldn't open. 

The bathroom door opened and Cole stepped out, fixing his gray shirt. I looked back at the door, pounding on the wood. "Hey, what's up?" he asked me, grabbing my hands to calm me down, "Let me out!" I shouted, tears running down my face, "Please..." I continued, leaning my head against the wall as I pushed on the door. 

Cole took out keys from his pocket, sticking it into the keyhole, looking at me worried, "What's wrong?" he asked before unlocking the door, I shook my head, "I--don't like new--" I began, Cole immediately nodded, not making me finish.

He opened the door, letting me rush past him. I ran out into the hallway, seeing the large doors at the end, leading to outside, I hoped. I sprinted to them and pulled the door opened, leading outside. I breathed in the fresh air and sighed in relief, leaning against the wall. 

Cole ran out, pulling me into his arms, rubbing my back to soothe me, "You're fine, you're fine." he kept repeating, holding me close.

Zane

The cold wind swept over my freezing body, only a thin, white t-shirt covering my upper half and black gym shorts on my lower. I crossed my arms and gritted my teeth as I trudged up the snowy mountain in sneakers.

I shivered and continued up, looking ahead of me as snow flew into my hair and the harsh wind smacked it against my face. How I got here, I have no idea. I'm just here.

I walked another seven feet before the ground gave way underneath me and I fell off the side of the white cliff, surely to my death. I tried to scream but I couldn't make a sound, not even a whisper.

Abruptly, my body jerked up, and I looked around at my familiar bedroom. I unclenched my fists from the bed sheet and took deep breathes, lying back on my bed. "It was only a dream, Y/N," Zane told me from across the room where he set his book down, "A quite horrifying one, I might add, are you alright?"

"Yes," I breathed out, "I'm fine."

Lloyd

I walked out on the streets of Ninjago, constantly checking behind me every five seconds, it isn't safe this late but I needed some time alone, to think about everything. My phone began ringing and I looked at it seeing that Cole was calling.

I pressed my finger on the answer button just as something hit me from behind. I screamed, accidentally pressing the speaker as my phone fell out of my grasp. I saw a man with a glistening knife in his hands walk towards me. I scooted back, jumping to my feet and sprinting far from town. I knew he was behind me, I could hear his footsteps, but I didn't care. I just ran, and I didn't even have my phone with me, fantastic.

The footsteps stopped as I sprinted into the dark woods, I stopped in the middle, surrounded by trees and animal noises. I turned around, looking for any light. 

Something made a noise behind me and I whipped around, seeing the faint outline of a boy. I took a cautious step back, but a light formed, a flashlight. I could see now the green color of a ninja gi. I sighed in relief and ran into him, wrapping my arms around him. He pushed my head into his shoulder, keeping his hand in my hair, the other arm around my waist. 

"No one will ever hurt you, Y/N." Lloyd whispered into my ear.