When It's Your Birthday - Kai

Ah, finally. I was finally eighteen years old, and to celebrate, Mrs. T had made me a special breakfast before I went to school, and then Kai picked me up from school to take me to the monastery. I was so excited.

Currently, while Zane was cooking and the ninja were playing videogames while waiting for the dinner to start, Kai and I were in his room. 

Guess what we were doing, I'll wait.

As dinner was cooking and ninja were playing, one of Kai's hands was set on my waist and the other wrapped around mine out to the side. I placed one hand on his shoulder and smiled at the man, my teeth showing off as I found myself unable to stop. Music was playing in the background and Kai and I's feet moved back and forth, and to the left and right. 

HIs amber eyes stared into my E/C ones and I found myself lost in his. It was amazing. 

"Happy birthday, baby," he whispered against my forehead as his lips softly rested there for a moment.

"You've told me that a lot today," I chuckled, my eyes glancing over to his desk where I placed the present he had gotten me. It was a new sketchbook along with art utensils, and the last thing was a picture frame of the two of us. I was so awestruck as the photo because it must have been from Jay's camera on that one day we were chasing him around the monastery. It made me smile just to think about it.

"You deserve to be told a lot," he shrugged, moving us around the room in a circle as we danced around. "I don't deserve you," I admitted, hi hand immediately tightening around my waist as to assure me that he wasn't going anywhere.

"You're right," he sighed, "You deserve so much more."

I shook my head, "Don't say things like that."

"What? It's true. I don't even know how I ended up with such an amazing girl like yourself," he lightly laughed. "I ask myself every day how I ended up with such a hot and handsome ninja, but it doesn't change the fact that maybe we're just meant for each other. You believe in destiny, don't you?" I wondered, tilting my head to the side as I waited for his answer.

"I kind of have to, it's one of the principles I swore by," he replied. "Well, then maybe this is our destiny," I told him. He grinned, "What, to be dancing around in my room instead of doing something more productive?"

"That's a destiny I like, don't you?"

"I sure do."