When You Almost Get Caught - Zane

While the other ninja were spending time with their girlfriends and going on romantic dates in the city, Zane suggested that we do something different. Now, I'm not a very adventurous person, actually, I'm scared of nearly everything, so with a ninja boyfriend I feel safer. However, that's not how this night went.

Zane's idea for the night was to take a walk in the city garden, but on this particular night it was closed because the park rangers were working to make the place liven.

But Zane didn't care. No, he was completely ready for us to break the rules and be reckless, which made no sense because compared to his brothers, he was the level headed one.

But as I thought this, Zane and I were sneaking through bushes and ducking behind trees while at the same time trying to admire the gorgeous scenery around us. We almost ended up falling into the pond when a park ranger scouted our place of hiding and we had to make like an animal and jump into the bush which was right in front of the body of water. But after that scare, I made it abundantly clear to my boyfriend that if I was going down I was taking him with me.

Thankfully we didn't have that issue as for nearly thirty-six minutes after our close encounter we were happily wandering the garden with our hands interlocked and the sound if crickets chirping bringing peace to our ears. I wanted nothing else then for that moment to last and for someone to take a picture so I could reflect on the perfect moment forever but no one was around and a reminder struck me that Zane and I were in fact trespassing on government property.

So when a ranger walked out from behind us and caught us offguard with his shouts and flashlight, the most logical thing that came to my mind was run. And since Zane's hand was in mine and it was a situation where I dragged him along with me no matter the case, ice I started running, Zane did, too.

Together we ignored the constant shouts from the roaming ranger and leaped over stones and rocks, cutting in between trees and bushes, and taking shortcuts behind ponds and brooks. The exit seemed so close, yet the ranger wow closer.

For a ninja, Zane wasn't running very fast, and I even began thinking that maybe he wanted us to get caught for a good laugh, but then I remembered it was Zane, not an idiot.

So my feet continued hitting the dirt pavement with Zane being dragged behind me and once I ducked underneath the metal rods supporting the gate, I knew we were in the clear.

All we needed to do was take a left turn into the forest and hide behind a large tree and we had the pleasure of watching the park ranger mutter curses under his breath and stomp away in frustration.

And once he was gone from our sights, Zane burst into laughter and clutched his stomach from amusement, "Can you believe we almost found ourselves in a predicament?" he said in between laughs.

"No, Zane, I cannot. I did not know I was dating a Jay," I sighed, watching as he grinned at me before pressing his lips against mine. "Admit it, Y/N, that was most fun," he told me.

Finally, after a moment of staring at him in disbelief, I cracked a smile, "It was amusing."