When You Surprise Him- Zane

Zane returned from a week long training in the mountains. He went home yesterday and I gave him a day to rest, but today I wanted to see him. 

He said he would come by to my house later ans we could go to dinner but that just seems like a time too far away. "Mother, I'll be home soon," I told her, wrapping a final tinfoil layer over the pan of dessert I had made.

"I'll see you soon," she smiled. I nodded and picked up the pan with my phone resting atop. 

~~

"He's probably in the kitchen," Jay said, shutting the door behind me. I thanked him and walked on, opening the screen door to the monastery. 

Zane was standing in a pink apron, boiling a bowl of spaghetti in a large pot. I smiled and walked over to him quietly.

"Why are you wearing a pink apron?" I asked, startling him. He whipped around and smiled, kissing me soft on the lips."I like to be clean," he responded.

"Here, I made cake," I told him, holding out the pan. Zane cringed and squinted his eyes as if me saying that was a bad decision, "Oh no," he mumbled.

I raised an eyebrow and turned around at the sound of footsteps outside the kitchen. Suddenly, Cole appeared in the doorway with wide eyes and a smile on his face.

"Cake?!" 

I chuckled and looked at Zane who sighed, "Cole, isn't your girlfriend here?" he wondered.

"Yeah, and we heard cake," he shrugged as if it were obvious. "Not right now, Cole. I want to talk to Y/N," he said.

Cole groaned and stomped out of the room with a sullen expression on his face. "I missed you," Zane whispered, sitting down at the table. I sat next to him and we locked hands, "I missed you, too."