When It's Your Birthday - Cole

I'm not going to lie, eighteen felt pretty damn good. My morning started off with BF/N suggesting that we cut our first three periods and grab some breakfast, and there was absolutely no way I was saying no to that. We went out to this cute café towards the outskirts of the city and the food was so delicious that I ordered seconds and BF/N did, too.

That was morning, however. Once we noticed that it was already nearing our lunch period, we just decided to cut out the whole day and hang around. So of course, we went shopping in an old vinyl store on Main Street and I picked up some of my favorite music, BF/N's treat.

By the end of that it was lunch time but both of us were just so full that we crashed at home and watched sappy movies.

That was when I got the text from my boyfriend:
Happy birthday, babe! Meet me at the park at seven!

A smile grew as I read the text over again and I gave myself a once over in the mirror. I didn't know what Cole and I would be doing at the park, so I hoped that my jeans and hoodie were okay. I didn't feel up to dressing up, and if we were having a picnic I didn't want ants crawling up my bra or anything, so I stuck with comfortable and hoped it was fine.

It was almost seven when I shouted a bye to BF/N and the next thing I knew I was on my way to the park close to her house. There was music blasting from the inner circle of the park and people were walking down the pathways with smiles on their faces. There must be an event going on, or that's what my first thought was anyways.

When I got to the park, I noticed Nya and L/G/N sitting on a blanket with smiles on their faces. Nya looked up and caught sight of me, immediately waving me over to her.

I smiled and plopped down on the blanket, exchanging 'hellos' with the two girls before raising my voice to speak over the booming music. "Where's Cole?" I shouted, leaning over to see if he was behind me.

Nya grinned, "He's with the others! They're about to -- "

Her voice trailed off as a man started speaking into his microphone and I suddenly couldn't hear what Nya was saying. "What did she say?" I shouted at L/G/N who shrugged and turned to face the stage.

I sighed in defeat and looked up to the stage where the ninja's theme song started playing. I smiled and gawked at the stage, watching my boyfriend and his best friends slide onto the stage and begin their dance that I had seen years ago at the Ninjago Talent Competition.

Nya looked over at me and chuckled, lightly shoving my shoulder in a playful way. "Did you know about this?" I asked her. "It was all Cole's idea. He said he wanted to give you a show since you could compete in any," she replied, moving her hair out of her face as she leaned in to tell me this.

I smiled wider and looked at the stage as the song ended. Cole took the microphone from the extended hand of the MC and his eyes met mine. "That whole dance you saw right there was dedicated to my amazing girlfriend. She turned eighteen today and I thought I could give her a dance because she's a dancer. That was all for you, Y/N. I hope you had the best day you could have ever had," he said, his eyes never leaving mine as he spoke.

I found myself blushing, my teeth sinking into my lower lip as I tried to compress my smile. Cole and his teammates hopped off the stage, all approaching us three girls as the MC announced the band that was playing tonight.

I hopped to my feet, wobbling slightly because of my boot, and hopped over to Cole. He chuckled at my desperation to walk and spun me around, my arms linking around his neck as I smiled up at him. "You're amazing," I told him with a never-ending beam on my face. "Happy birthday, babe," he said, bringing his lips to mine for a kiss.

I melted into his touch, only pulling away due to hearing a click of a camera and a flash flickering behind me. When I turned around, I saw Jay grinning sheepishly with his camera in hand, and the others holding a thumbs up. "He took a picture so the moment will last longer," I told Cole who laughed and pecked me on my lips before spinning me around again.

I said it once but I will surely say it again: Best birthday ever.