When Things Become Too Much - Lloyd

It had been two days since the man had been arrested for kidnapping, sexual assault, harassment, and attempt of murder toward me and Z/G/N. Cole had gone to take me to the police station earlier today for my testimony though I had begged not to partake. I wanted him charged, but I just didn't want to testify. I didn't want to sit in a cold and dark room with my brother in the waiting room as I explained everything that happened to me in that house.

It had taken hours for the police to write down everything and take record of it, and not even Cole knew everything we went through. I could just picture it killing him as he sat in a plastic chair for three hours while his sister sat in a separate room with her anxiety increasing. I could never imagine telling him what that man did and had over me.

I rode back with Cole silently on his dragon and as soon as we landed, I trekked up the stairs with my arms folded across my chest. I stopped at the large front door and waited for Cole to follow me up, and when he saw me waiting for him, he sighed. "You haven't said a word since we left the station," he sighed, watching me lean against the wall and shrug. "You haven't asked me anything."

He smiled softly and ruffled my hair to wish I cringed and pulled away. "You keep stealing Lloyd's shirts," he chuckled, gesturing to the large green shirt I had over my leggings. "They're comfortable and he doesn't mind," I answered quickly, then doubts filling my mind. "Does he? If he does than I can - "

"He doesn't mind, Y/N," Cole interrupted. I pursed my lips and nodded, staring at the door handle and waiting for Cole to open it, but he didn't. "Are you okay? Things haven't been the same since two days ago and we talked about some stuff and the guy is in jail now and he'll be there for life but - "

"I'm fine, Cole," I answered as fast as I could. He stared at me and I knew he could tell I was lying but I was too ashamed to tell the truth. After that man had revealed things I never wanted the ninja to know and I had heard Cole belittling his own abilities as a brother, boyfriend, and ninja, we had cried with each other for a long while before settling down in his room on the floor with a gallon of ice cream between us. I needed the talk and I enjoyed my older brother's comfort, but at the same time, there were still things I could never tell him. And I never wanted him to feel as if he wasn't enough to protect me, but right now I needed the space.

"Can we just go inside please?" I begged, lifting my hand to motion to the door. "The station really drained me and I just want to take a nap."

Cole sighed and pushed open the door, immediately halting the training of the ninja inside. I pulled at the edge of my shirt because I felt anxious and when I closed the door behind me, Lloyd appeared in front of me. "Hey," he smiled, leaning in to kiss my cheek. I allowed him to and he smiled, the largest and goofiest grin appearing on his face. It had been a week since I let him close to me.

"How did it go?"

I shrugged and walked past him, weaving my way in between the training course. "They got the information they needed and he'll be spending life in prison," Cole responded for me, already spinning into his gi and grabbing his scythe from the back wall. "That's great!" Jay cheered, hopping around me and grabbing my hand quickly to twirl me around. I smiled and when I was facing forward again, I chuckled lightly. Cole's face lit up. "Z/G/N will be happy to hear that," Zane said, already on his phone to call his girlfriend and tell her the good news. She had testified yesterday with her mother and hadn't known about the recent progress. "How are you, Y/N?" Kai asked. I glanced at him, and then back at Cole. I knew I wasn't getting away with a lie for this one. "I-I'll be okay."

"I'm almost done training if you want to watch a movie or play video games o-or anything! I just need like five minutes so Sensei doesn't get on me about ditching," Lloyd smiled.