When You Want to Be Alone

Kai

"Kai, stop--" I complained, pushing him away. "Y/N, what's wrong?" he wondered, keeping his distance as he stood near the door. "Just leave me alone, please!" I blurted out, looking out the french doors on the streets below. 

"Tell me what's wrong, Y/N," he begged. "I just want to be alone, Kai! Don't you get it? I just want to be by myself, please," I pleaded, looking down at a small photo in my hands.

"I'll leave you alone when you tell me, then I'll go home," he demanded, leaning over my shoulder to see the photo in my hand. It was of my parents on their tenth anniversary. I stuffed the picture back into my pocket and turned around, sitting over on my bed. 

"They died years ago on this day, and I just need to be by myself right now," I admitted, laying down on the bed and throwing a blanket over myself. "I get it, I take a day to mourn my parents too. I'll see you soon, Y/N. Feel better," he said, lightly kissing me on my forehead before I heard the door click. 

I pulled out the photo again and studied it carefully. 

Jay

I chucked my pencil across the room as it hit the wall, falling to the ground. "Ugh!" I complained, standing up and placing my hands behind my head. "Do you want help-or..." Jay suggested, not knowing what to do at the moment.

"No! I just need to be by myself! My parents--ugh!" I shouted, slamming the door behind me as I walked out of the shop. 

"They'll come back and explain why they had to leave, then you can reschedule the meeting and--"

"Jay! It was a college interview to secure my place! They knew I had it today but they left anyways!"

"I'll call them, okay? And I'll talk to them, but if you want some space then I'll call you later, I'll leave. But don't do anything rash, please."

Cole

"It takes complete focus. Calm your mind and heart, talk with your feet and your facial expression, not your words," I remembered, spinning around on the ball of my right foot.

I fell out of the turn sucessfully and went over to the couch to check my recent messages. Three calls from Cole and four texts. I groaned and tossed it onto the couch, wiping my forehead of sweat.

"Complete focus, calm your mind," I breathed out. I closed my eyes gently and opened them to stand on relevé, pushing into a pirouette, revolving around and around. I heard the door chime and I stopped turning, facing the door to see Cole.

"I got worried about you," he said, leaning against the wall. "Complete focus, calm," I whispered, continuing my turns. 

I heard him sigh and the door closed as I was finally left in peace.

Zane

"Would you like me to help you?" he asked as I looked over the books. "I'm alright. Thank you, I just really need to focus," I responded, smiling up at him.

"I'm going to leave you here while I go to get some lunch, don't study too hard," he said, kissing my forehead before walking out of the room. I pressed buttons on a calculator and put my head down, taking a small break from my exam studying.

Lloyd 

"Dad wants to take you next weekend," Cole told me, scooping a spoonful of cereal into his mouth. I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion and scoffed, "It's Aunt Kelly's weekend," I replied.

"Yeah, I know. She said the decision is up to you," he shrugged. "What? So whoever I choose the other will feel bad? This is just like a few months ago!" I complained.

"I know, I don't want to deal with this either but it's kind of hard," he said. The others kept looking back and forth between us two before I finally dropped my head on the table in stress. "Ugh! Can you deal with it, please? Tell them that I have to stay here or something, for like-- uh, some thing?" I suggested.

"I would love to help you out but they want your answer, sorry."

"Yeah, whatever. They say it's my decision but then it's not," I snapped back, putting my bowl into the sink. 

"Hey, do you want to go down into town?" Lloyd asked.

"I don't know, I need to think a bit. Just, give me a few hours," I stalled, walking back towards my room.