“Don’t you dare” I muttered under my breath too quiet for the woman to hear but loud enough for him to hear. He was on the verge of protesting but then he seemed to realise where he was and how limited his hiding places of a dead body were so he snapped his head up and brushed her off quickly giving her a little movement of his eyes and she was gone.

I was about to go into the cubicle having turned my back on him when his vice like hand caught my arm. I didn’t think twice about it I knew what I had to do.

“Dorian” I spoke clearly but quietly, the vampire in front of me looked confused but the one I wanted was between the stranger and me in a second growling grasping the arm of the stranger in a grip so tight I could almost hear the bone in his arm creaking under the pressure.

“Oh I see” the stranger smiled poking his head around Dorian to look at me and wink making Dorian growl harder and increase his pressure, the stranger winced and threw Dorian a dirty look.

“What do you want”? My handsome man growled dropping the man’s arm with sudden distaste like he was filthy.

“Nothing, if anything she started it” the stranger jibed pointing at me like a kid being caught doing something wrong.

My jaw dropped at his accusation “Did not”!

“Did too” he told poking his tongue, suddenly this man reminded me of Jeremy.

“Did not”.

“Did too”.

“You said hi”.

“What? It’s polite”.

“You had a look in your eye” I retorted.

“What”? He said like I was an idiot. “A look in my eye? It’s called expression dear Lord”!

 “Do not raise your voice to her fledgling” Dorian’s voice was rough and angry, he needed to stay calm in such a small place I didn’t want anybody getting suspicious.

I reached out a hand and rested it on his shoulder which made his frame relax a little. Dorian turned to me and pulled me into his arms pushing his nose into my hair.

“Did he hurt you baby? Did he make you upset”? He murmured to me with a menace in his voice I wasn’t used to.

“No, I was just scared so I called for you, is that ok”?

His arms tightened around me “Of course it is, I want you to always call me if you’re in danger always, or upset or hurt or anything always call me first”. I nodded into his chest and peeked at the stranger who was eyeing us like he was confused.

“What”? I questioned him annoyed that he was watching our moment.

He smirked at me again “You’re a feisty one, I like it”. Dorian growled and made a move to get to him.

“Dorian, leave it it’s fine”. He turned to me with fury in his eyes I reached up a hand and stroked his cheek.

“It is not fine he’s fawning over you”! he spat.

“But I don’t care about him, I’m yours remember? I belong to you” his eyes softened and he took my body into his arms again.

“I know that but the rest of the world doesn’t and until they do anyone who flirts with you is going to feel pain”.

“Does that mean you’ll stop when people know we’re together”? I asked doubtfully.

“No, it may even be worse now I think about it” he mused.