Chapter 6~ 'Studying'

''Did you find anything out since we spoke this morning?'' I asked Annalise as I leaned forward in the uncomfortable chair I was sitting in.

''No, this book hasn't said anything about your stupid wish or the way to fix it yet,'' she sighed heavily as she pushed back a few strands of her brown hair as she continued to flip through the book.

''So, you don't think that our 'better' lives were just a dream?'' I questioned and she looked up at me sharply. Her sudden harsh gaze made my eyes widen and her jaw clenched. She gave me a look that said not to bring it up again and i sunk into the chair to try and escape her burning gaze. No other girl had intimidated me this much... ''No, I don't think it was just a dream, just like I'm pretty sure that this isn't just a dream.''

I nodded even though she had already gone back to reading and she wasn't paying attention to me anymore. I took advantage of her silence and concentration to study her more closely. She looked different than from when we had bumped into each other in New York, but I guess I should've been expecting that. ''You have glasses,'' I stated dumbly and she looked up at me with raised eyebrows, ''you weren't wearing glasses in New York.''

''I had contacts,'' she shrugged before looking back down at the book.

''Your hair is lighter now too,'' I added and she let out an exasperated sigh before setting down the book. Her actions were calm but it didn't take a genius to know that I had annoyed her. I guess i did that a lot though so it wasn't really that big of an achievement.

''It's called hair dye,'' she replied before leaning against her forearms that were stationed on the table in front of her. ''Louis, are you actually going to help me at all with this?'' she asked me.

''Well, I don't know, you haven't told me to do anything yet,'' I shrugged with a slight smile.

She face palmed before looking at me with the are-you-freaking-kidding-me look. ''How old are you, Louis?''

''How old do I need to be?'' I joked with a small wiggle of my brows and she rolled her eyes.

''Just answer the question,'' she sighed in frustration.

''Ninteen I think,'' I confessed.

''And you need me to tell you to get to work?'' she prompted.

''No,'' I responded, ''I just wanted to see when it would annoy you.''

''Louis?''

''Yes?''

''Get to work,'' she demanded before picking the book up again. I couldn't help but smile as I grabbed the computer and sat down again; staring at her over the top of the screen to make her even more annoyed. After a while of her doing nothing but reading the book I decided to actually do some work. I typed in the first thing that came to mind: One Direction.

I wasn't exactly sure if i should's been happy or sad when nothing came up. It was a little reassuring that the boys hadnt gone on in that name, but then again; what if they hadn't gone on at all? That would mean lots of things for all of them; some good, some bad.

I went for a different approach and typed in Liam's name. What I was greeted with was an article that caught my eye.

LEAD SINGER RYAN SMITH LEAVES 'REDEMPTION'

I clicked on it to check it out and almost threw the computer across the room. There was a picture of the boys underneath the articles name, but they looked different. Not a good different, either. They all had dark and depressing clothes on with tons of eye shadow and chains. Harry and Liam both had pin straight hair and in the middle of them all there was someone who I didn't recognize at all.

Ryan Smith (center), the lead singer in the band Redemption, has already signed his withdraw contract with Sycho! management. The other band memeber haven't shared any of their opinion on the subject, but due to recent behavior we can tell that they will be happy to see him go. Harry Styles, background singer and youngest member of the band has talked about the arrangments though he has not spoken of what the other boys and himself actually think of Ryan's actions.

''We're all going back to our hometowns to try and find a somewhat normal life,'' the young member stated, ''Ryan's made it clear that we're not allowed to use the name Redemption anymore, and we just wont feel right with going on as just four. We need someone else in order to continue but I dont think we'll find him or her.''

Ryan is the only one who has actually expressed how he feels about leaving the band, and he expressed himself with some pretty colorful words. ''I'm more of a solo act, and those boys werent working for me anyway. I could tell the moment that they wanted to go for that sissy name 'One Direction'. Without me their total dweebs who can just go fuck themselves. The only good part of our band was me.''

...I had no words after reading that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, the boys are sort of back. You get to hear what happened to them. I am super dupper sorry if this is really short and really late. Make sure to comment if you caught my reference to the Lizzie Bennet Diaries Q & A videos. :) Tell me what you thought, and I look forward to seeing you next week.

-cow_queen