Chapter 34~ Tast the Rainbow

***Annalise's P.O.V.***

A knock on the door was what finally made me push off the heated blanket and let go of the plush panda bear that Louis had gotten me. It was day two of Mother Nature's 'blessing' and I was about ready to rip someone's head off. I refrained from making Louis that someone because he had just been so sweet in the last two days, and I didn't want to be a total bitch to him. I had only snapped at him once because he was about to use my tooth brush (that was an understandable snippiness, right?), and I wanted to keep it at that.

He had gone down to the vending machine to get Skittles a few minutes ago, so I assumed that he was the one at the door and that he forgot his room key. It sure wouldn't be the first time. I got up off of the bed and walked over to the door while hearing insistent banging on the door. God, he's impatient sometimes. I swung the door open, and my eyes widened when Louis wasn't the one standing in front of me.

"Oh, hey, Annalise," Eleanor greeted with an equally surprised expression that told me that she was expecting Louis and not me. She had quickly composed herself and offered me a friendly smile that I tried to return. Don't get me wrong, I know that I should be polite and all that jazz, but I just found it hard to do for Eleanor. I could sense that there was something going on between her and Louis, and I didn't like it one bit. I mean, what is wrong with that boy?! This is his ex-girlfriend from the other reality. His ex. He already knows how the relationship turned out, so why try again?

"Hello, Eleanor," I greeted, and I sort of cringed when I remembered Louis' nickname for her. 'El' a little too comfortable for my taste. Plus, what's so special about her? She gets a nickname but I don't? Why doesn't he just call me Anna like everyone else? Why is she the one that gets a nickname from him?

She cleared her throat after a painfully awkward silence, and peeked past me, "Is Louis here? I was hoping to talk to him about some stuff." My eyebrows rose in question at her words. Some stuff? Was that supposed to be a cover up for her and Louis getting all cozy and cutesy on his bed? Ugh, I needed to stop thinking so snidely. My emotions have been all over the place, and I knew what was to blame for it even though I had never really liked Eleanor and that had to factor in somewhere.

I crossed my arms over my chest and gave a small shrug before I said, "he went to go get Skittles, but he should be back soon."

"Skittles?" she questioned with a humorous smile running across her lips.

"Yeah, he's an odd boy," I couldn't help but to smile as well when I said the words.

"Tell me about it," she replied, and then things went sort of quiet again. I wasn't really in the mood to have her come into the room as she waited for Louis. Yeah, it was rude to just have her stand outside of the room and wait, but if she came inside then she would see all of the things that Louis had gotten for me and she'd probably figure out that it was my time of the month. I would rather come off rude and save myself the embarrassment. It was bad enough that Louis always knew when I was on it; I didn't need her knowing it too.

"So, you and Louis," I prompted because I honestly wanted to have some answers to my gnawing questions. Up until that point, I had been assuming that Louis and she were-oh, I don't know- secretly together. Or, if not that, then they both liked each other more than friends and were bound to be together at some point. I knew Louis well, and I could tell that there was something that he wasn't telling me about their whole relationship.

Her eyes went wide when she heard me say the words, and I had one of those 'gotcha' moments where I knew that I was right before she even had to say anything. There was a sort of sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that I assumed must have been due to my period. A frown took over my lips, and I pursed my lips for a second in order to try and get the frown to go away. "We're not dating or anything if that's what you think," she quickly rejected the idea, but she seemed a bit nervous. It was that type of nervous that comes along when you know something that someone else isn't supposed to know and you're desperately trying not to tell them. Was Louis asking her to keep whatever was between them a secret?