Chapter 52~ Begonias

"Just get her some Begonias and stop worrying about it," I suggested while staring down at my phone and scrolling through Twitter. Niall was frantically pacing about his room as he muttered things under his breath. You see, Niall hadn't been able to stop thinking about Jenny just as much as I couldn't stop thinking about Annalise. However, he could talk about how much he was thinking about her and boy was I getting an earful. It was Jenny this, Jenny that.

So, Niall had been so enamored with Jenny after meeting her at the supermarket that he just couldn't shut up about her. It hadn't been annoying or anything. Actually, it was a bit entertaining to watch the lad stammer on about her. It made me wonder if this was how he was when he had met her in the other reality. He must've driven Greg crazy.

Well, you can imagine how excited he was when he bumped into her yet again at the outlet mall in Mullingar and ended up getting her number. Yeah, if he had been talking about her a lot before than she had practically consumed his every word at that point. It was almost ridiculous to see how obviously enthralled with her he already was. Then again, I was the same way with Annalise so I could hardly complain. And to add onto everything, he had managed to ask her out on a date in this short time and that's why he was currently passing the room.

"Begonias? Why Begonias?" he stopped his pacing to look at me with a raised brow, and I paused my scrolling for a second.

"I dunno," I shrugged, "girls love them so why not." It was a lie; I hardly knew if girls actually liked them. What I did know was that Jenny liked them. Niall had mentioned the detail quite often in the other reality; he was proud of himself for remembering something so small and he often fancied that it made him a better boyfriend for knowing. Of course, I couldn't say that to the Niall that was standing in front of me now. However, I was confident that the advice would get him a little further than if he had not known.

"Okay," he nodded somewhat distractedly, "okay, yeah. I'll get her some Begonias." And with that, I went back to my phone. I had switched tasks. Instead of flipping through Tweets, I was looking up the number to the hotel that I fully intended to call once Niall had left for his date. I feared that he would never leave-maybe his nervousness would make him drop dead in his spot-and I would never be able to make the call. So, I was trying to push him out of the house as soon as possible so that I could go about my business.

"Now, shove off, Niall," I grumbled to him and he only let out a groan. His obvious nervousness was even starting to make me feel jittery. "You're going to be late if you don't," I observed after glancing at the time on my phone. He looked down at his own expensive watch to find the time, and curses stumbled out of his mouth as naturally as the lyrics from a song that was stuck in his head.

"Bye, Louis," he called to me as he was rushing out of his room. His foot got caught on a shirt that was lying on the floor-I swear he was even messier than me sometimes-and he tumbled to the ground just outside of the door to his room. "I'm okay!" he shouted before his feet-which had been peeking out from behind the door after he tripped-where pulled from view. I heard his heavy footfall before the door to the house slammed shut. Next, the sound of his car's engine revving up was heard outside.

Chuckling slightly at his antics, I finally pressed the call button for the hotel's number and brought the phone to my ear. There was the usual ringing before the line was picked up, and a receptionist's cheery, 'hello?' greeted me. With a deep breath, I began to speak, "Hello, I'd like to make a reservation for a specific room," I replied while nervously picking at my nails. This was one of my last hopes, and if Annalise didn't come to the hotel then I don't know what I would do. I really loved her with everything that I had in me, and I couldn't even imagine a life where she might not even remember me. I'd wish on a thousand more stars, and make my wish on every special date to be that she'd show up again. For now, though, it was my only way to contact her if she remembered.

"Which room would that be, sir?" the reception person wondered in an almost bored sounding voice.

"Room 718," I supplied. The other end of the line was quiet for a moment besides the tapping of keys on a keyboard. Anxiously, I waited for her to tell me that it would be possible.

"When would you be staying in the room?" she questioned further.

"Thursday into Saturday," I told her before going quiet and eagerly awaiting her reply to my question.

"I'm sorry, but the room is in use right now, and it looks like it's going to be in use past those days," she informed me. I could feel the frown take over my lips. I could always just wait outside of the door on Friday and see if Annalise showed up, but I had really been hoping to have the room so that I wouldn't have to look like a weirdo while waiting in the hallway of the hotel. Why was someone even staying there for so long? Even if they didn't know it, they were putting a damper on my plans.

"May I ask who is staying there?" I wondered. Maybe I could get a hold of them in some way and ask them to leave the room. I had resources, after all, and I'm sure that I could figure out a way to contact them. If I had to, I would even give them money for a different room, but all I knew was that I needed that room and I was going to get it some way. The idea of waiting out in the hallway wasn't really working in my mind anymore.

"A woman by the name of Ms. Loughty," the receptionist told me. My whole body seemed to freeze. I swear that my heart literally stopped for a fraction of a second before it went into hyper drive. I went so incredibly still that I might have been mistaken as dead for a few seconds. It felt like everything had just stopped completely. My breath caught in my throat, and I was sure that even the world had halted on its axis for that brief moment of utter shock. All of the surprise was soon flooded by unfathomable joy, though. A wide smile stretched out my lips, and it was almost to the point where it threatened to get stuck that way forever. I wanted to laugh with my newly discovered exuberance, but I also wanted to let out a few cries of disbelief and relief.

"How long has she been staying there?" I questioned once I was able to find my voice again. I was almost whispering the words, but she heard them because I could hear her typing again.

"For about two weeks now, sir," she answered. I replied to her with a string of 'thank you's and then hung up quickly. Screw Friday; there was no way that I was going to wait until then when I had this new information. I was going to drag myself over to that hotel and knock on that door.