Chapter 42~ Because I Love You

***Annalise's P.O.V.***

Let me telling you what the best thing in the world is; waking up wrapped in someone's arm in just the right way. When you seem to fit just perfectly, and you can have them curled around you or you can be curled around them. How you feel all warm and fuzzy when they nuzzle up to you in just the right way. It's ten times better when they have their hand pressed against your back as if you could pull away from their sleepy embrace any second. It was perfection.

We'd been up the whole night before just watching movies, eating candy that I had stashed away and Louis had previously known nothing about, and giggling the whole time. I think we both clocked out at about six in the morning, and when I woken up the first time it was around four o'clock in the afternoon. I'd decided that I had a little bit more time before I would have to get ready for a date with Liam, and I fell back asleep because Louis was a very comfortable pillow.

It had to come to an end eventually, though, and around six I pulled my head away from the space between his chin and chest. My mind still needed some time to process everything so that I was less drowsy. So, I laid there for a moment and let out a yawn. Louis was still sound asleep; his mouth was slightly parted while he let out calm and soft breaths. I'm pretty sure that I could clap some cymbals together several times and he wouldn't wake up; he was a really heavy sleeper.

With a small smile on my lips, I leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss to his forehead. Then, I turned so that I could try and pry myself away from his arms and the comfortable bed. I was only dragged back with my first attempt; Louis' arms drew me back towards him while he groaned. That had happened a few times; Louis was unconsciously sensitive to movement in the morning, and I had been crushed by his needy grip more than a few times. I thought it was cute since he had no idea that he was pulling me back every single time I tried to leave.

Despite the fact that I wanted to stay in bed and cuddle with him, I had to get ready to go to dinner. So, I tried again and somehow managed to pry his arms away from me even though he put up quite the fight. Once I was up and out of the bed, his arms searched around on the bed while his eyebrows pulled together in his sleep. He eventually found the second pillow on his bed, and he quickly pulled it towards himself. After grabbing my clothes for the day, I made my way to the bathroom to get changed and ready for the rest of the day.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Liam and I walked down the hallway of the hotel silently as his grip around my waist tightened every now and then. We'd been pretty silent for the night; the occasional conversation or joke had occurred, but other than that we would quiet down. It wasn't an awkward silence between us, but it was dull and boring. Every time I thought about bringing up something funny, I would soon shut my mouth because it had something to do with Louis and I didn't think Liam would be happy about that.

Things had changed since the beginning of the relationship; it was like he was trying to distance himself from me. I didn't know what I had done, but I couldn't say that I had really stopped him or made an effort to get closer to him and figure out why he was doing so. Tonight and being alone with him made me feel a little down. There used to be a time when I looked into Liam's eyes and I was completely drawn in by the deep brown color. I'd always loved brown eyes, but now there was something off about them. I don't know... they just weren't blue.

Plus, he'd been pushing things lately. Like dinner with Louis the night before when he had his hand halfway up my dress. I'd had to tell him no more often than not recently, and I didn't like that. At the beginning of the relationship he made it seem like he understood that I wanted to wait on sex and all that jazz, but now he was treating it as if I'd never spoken on the subject. I knew that he would never force me to do anything, but I was getting tired of denying him every single time. I was afraid that that night I might be so stinking tired of saying no that I would say yes just to shut him up.