Chapter 22~ Mr. Smith

***Annalise's P.O.V.*** 

I sat next to Liam as he draped his arm over my shoulders and laughed. All the boys plus Jenny, who I was getting along with quite well, and I were hanging out in the lobby of the hotel. We had been talking about everything and nothing which was a lot more fun than it sounds. The boys didn't have to go to any meetings and they were having fun just relaxing. It was good to see them all having fun because the last few weeks had been filled with figuring things out for the band.

Louis always seemed to check up on me through out the weeks. I know that he knew that I wasn't weak, but I guess he still was expecting me to break down. I felt closer to him now; maybe even a little closer than I was with Liam, but not romantically, you know? It was nice to know that I had someone who knew instead of being the only one.

''Right jerk he was,'' Niall continued his story with a laugh. I had zoned out a few times when I saw Louis looking at me from his seat on the other side of the coffee table, but I knew that they were swapping stories about that Ryan guy. ''Can you believe that he told Harry that he was fat? I mean, you're as skinny as can be with all the running you do,'' Niall finished and Harry shook his head with a smile on his lips.

''Wasn't nearly as bad as when he-,'' Harry suddenly went quiet as his eyes caught on something behind us. We all seemed to turn at the same time to figure out what he was looking at and everyone except for Louis and I froze.

''What's wrong?'' I whispered to Liam who was starring off at some guy by the door who was flipping through a magazine angrily.

''That's Ryan,'' he told me and my mouth formed an 'O'. This guy must've really been a bully to them because they looked as if he had the power to kill them. Who knows, maybe he did.

He wasn't anything special, though, with short, spike up, jet black hair. His looks were average, but he looked absolutely dreadful with that scowl permanently engraved into his features. It was almost as if he could feel us staring at him because, before anyone had the chance to look away, he turned to look at us all. The scowl was wiped from his face and replaced by a smug look as he practically marched up to us and stood at the entrance to our little circle of chairs. His hands rested on his hips while he looked over us all and his eyes lingered on me for longer than necessary.

''I should have known that you pricks would be here,'' he smirked and then his eyes landed on Niall and Jenny, ''Oh, Niall, you even brought your slut.''

My eyes went wide at his harsh insult and Niall growled but Jenny kept him from getting out of his seat. She wasn't one for violence so she tried to keep his temper at bay. ''Excuse me,'' Louis' unamused voice called from his seat where he sat with a frown. Ryan looked over at him with a dirty look.

''Oh, and look who it is, the man of the hour,'' Ryan spat, ''you enjoying you're small sliver of fame, Lewis?''

Louis' eyes narrowed at him, ''It's Louis, and I've heard a lot about you, Ryan. Tell me, do you annoy people as a hobby, or is that just your personality?''

Ryan's jaw dropped at his sassy reply before it shut and he shot a glare at Louis. His face burned red with either embarrassment or anger, and his look grew even dirtier. ''Big comeback for such a small guy,'' he shot back.

Louis' jaw clenched at his comment, ''I'm just curious, how is it that you manage to carry your enormous ego up the stairs?''

''It's surprisingly easy,'' Ryan sneered, ''but I can see you have your hands full with that enormously fat ass of yours.''

''You're just jealous be-.''

Ryan cut him off with a scoff, ''As if.''

''I'm sorry, is your name Kanye West?'' Louis asked with raised eyebrows.

Ryan looked at him in confusion, ''No.''

''Then stop interrupting me,'' Louis snapped to which Ryan growled. Louis' lips pulled up into a wide smile as he chirped out the next few words, ''How about we play a game, Ryan. There's a pool just down the hallway; you can go underwater, and I'll count to infinity.''

''Fuck you,'' Ryan huffed. He looked like a little kid about to have a tantrum, but Louis had a smug smile on his face.

''No thanks,'' Louis replied which only brought along a glare from Ryan. It was obvious that Louis had won their little spat. ''You should go before you get your feelings hurt even more,'' Louis told him but he only laughed.

''I'm sorry, was that supposed to be a comeback, because it failed,'' Ryan laughed.

''Aw, just like your dad's condom,'' Louis smiled and Ryan's laughing ceased. Another growl left his lips before he turned away from Louis and his eyes landed on me.

Oh, great, I thought to myself as I saw him give me a look that he probably thought was alluring. It really just made me want to gag.

''What are you doing with these twats, babe?'' he wondered and I cringed when he said the last word, ''Surely, a chick like you could do better somewhere else.'' I stayed silent because I wasn't about to egg anyone on here, but he wouldn't have it. He went to grab my hand but Louis' voice stopped him.

''Keep your hands off of her,'' Louis snapped at him while he rose from his chair slightly.

''Why don't you stay out of this, I'm done talking to you,'' Ryan replied dismissively and was about to turn back towards me, but Louis interrupted again.

''And you're done talking to her too, so you're going to take your ass out of this hotel,'' Louis growled.

''You don't get to tell me what to do,'' Ryan grumbled with a scowl, ''I'm Ryan Smith for god sakes.''

''You must have mistaken me for someone who gives a damn,'' Louis laughed bitterly before his tone turned serious and he took a menacing step towards Ryan, ''famous or not, I will not hesitate to break your nose if you don't leave right now.'' Ryan gave Louis a defiant look until Louis brought a fist back, and he quickly scurried away to avoid a fight that could ruin his precious face. The boys were all silent until a smile ran onto Zayn's face and he let out a giddy exclamation:

''That was totally awesome!''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that was the sass master from Doncaster. I hope you enjoyed! :)

-cow_queen