Chapter 37~ All Hallows Eve

***Annalise's P.O.V.***

When I opened my eyes in the morning, I could feel the smile taking over my lips. Today was October thirty-first, and that was more than Halloween for me. There definitely was a plus to having my birthday on the same day as that wacky pagan holiday. I got to watch everyone dress up every single year, and I got candy for free along with amazing Halloween parties, and presents to add onto it. It's also the exact reason for why I didn't tell Louis when it was; Halloween plus Louis really don't seem to mix in my mind, and adding my birthday into the mix gave me a bad feeling.

"I hurt myself today," Louis' voice sounded heavenly as it drifted through the hotel room. From the pitter patter of water that could be heard, he must've been in the shower. He almost always sang in the shower, and he usually woke me up with it in the mornings. I wasn't complaining, though, he had an amazing voice, and it was amusing to listen to him sing some of the songs he chose. Once, he sang Barbie Girls and was practically belting it. I had never pegged him for someone to sing Cash, though.

I got out of bed so that I could get ready for the day; I would be kind of busy. I had to go get my hair cut, and I wanted to walk around London for a while just to see if there was anyone in their costumes already. Jenny said that she and Niall were going to be dressing up early so that they could go to the Irish pub down the street and hang out there like the couple they were. When I suggested something similar to Liam, he said that he would think about it. Of course, that meant that the answer would probably be no. It didn't bother me that much anymore; I was used to him canceling. I'd usually just walk around London when he did because I didn't want Louis to find out that I was being ditched by Liam so often and then have him go all crazy on him.

Louis' voice continued to travel through the room, and he was really getting into his song. He was having trouble with hitting a few notes; it was a song for someone with a deeper voice but he was still doing really well. As he continued on with the wonderful song, I pulled out my clothes so that I could get changed. "Dammit soap, stop slipping," Louis groaned and interrupted his singing, and I couldn't help but to smile as I heard it. He was so stinking loud; I'm pretty sure that Harry and Zayn could hear him singing and talking in the shower. "If I was in jail I would be screwed," my eyes went wide at his words before I was struggling to keep in my laughter.

Shaking my head, I pulled on my pants and then a shirt before grabbing my phone and wallet. Liam knew that I would be stopping by before I headed out for the day. He was the only one who I had told about my birthday being today, and I couldn't wait to get a hug and a kiss from him to start the day off on a great note. So, I walked down the hallway to his room and knocked on the door.

When the door creaked open, Liam stepped out with a long yawn and smiled at me. He had on part of his costume which was, of course, a batman costume. It took him less than a second to pull me into a hug and then pat the top of my head when he pulled away. "What're you doing here? Not that I'm not happy to see you, but," he trailed off with an expectant smile while waiting for me to explain myself. I let my eyebrow raise in question at his words but quickly shrugged it off; he must remember what today is. It's pretty much impossible to forget since it's the same day as Halloween. That's how everyone who knew me remembered it.

"I said I would come by before I went out for the day," I reminded him, and he nodded.

"Are you coming to the Halloween party down in the lobby of the hotel tonight?" he wondered as his hand absent mindedly traced patterns on my hip since it still rested there. 

"Yeah, I wouldn't miss it," I assured him, "especially because it's today." He looked a little confused at my words, and I gave a heavy sigh of defeat before placing a quick kiss on his cheek and bidding him farewell. He actually forgot. Now, I wasn't going to throw a hissy fit just because my boyfriend had forgotten my birthday. Liam had been stressed out lately, and I understood that I might not be his top priority. Still, it was a little disappointing to have the one person I chose to tell forget about it. Maybe I should have told Louis...