Chapter 26~ Protect the Leprechaun

It had been about a month since we had discussed what to do about our morale. Within that time we had done about two small gigs which went surprisingly well, and Zayn had even managed to get into contact with Perrie. The two had been talking for a couple days and I was happy to see that he was a lot happier. All of the boys seemed happier lately except for Harry, perhaps.

Not too long ago I had stopped by his room to see if he would be coming to one of our meetings, and I had heard something rather... disturbing. When he answered the door it was quite obvious that Ryan and his girlfriend-Harry said her name was Emmaline-were going at it in their room next door. Harry looked mortified when he answered the door, and I'm sure that I wore the same expression. So, it wasn't difficult to see why he was in such a sour mood.

I don't know why, but Annalise had been in a beyond happy mood for the past week. I had a feeling that it had something to do with Liam. Niall and Jenny had gone back to their normal selves not even an hour after she had stormed out of the room. I'm starting to wonder if it had been a little act in order to get out of the meeting early. If so, I applaud them because that would be a genius of an idea.

About half way through the day on Saturday, Annalise and I started to hear yelling coming from the room next door; Harry's room to be more precise. We had both glanced at each other with raised eyebrows. It wasn't the Zarry bunch that was fighting because one of the voices was feminine sounding. So, I inferred that it was Emmaline who was fighting with him.

We had no idea of what to do for a moment, and we just sat there trying to make sense of the muffled words. "I'm going to go and make sure that they're not murdering each other in there," I sighed, standing from my bed after Annalise gave me a nod. Making my way to the door, I let my hand glide across the hotel room wall absentmindedly and felt the speckled patches of it where paint hadn't quite dried properly. Just as I opened the door, the door to Harry's room opened as well.

"My God, Harry, you are just like Ryan!" Emmaline yelled while stepping out of the hotel room, pulling on a purple pea coat angrily. Harry was soon following behind her, standing at the door while he regarded her with a glare.

"How am I anything like him?!" he shouted back, his voice a lot lower than what it usually was.

She let out a rueful laugh, "you're like him because you're happy about this!"

"I'm happy because I helped you see the truth," he let out with a slight growl. I was having trouble following what they were fighting about, but the fight itself was definitely interesting. Yeah, it was probably rude of me to be standing there and watching it take place, but it was almost impossible for me to move from my place now; my body just wouldn't allow it.

"Maybe I didn't want to see the truth, Harry," she snapped back, rubbing her temples after the words left her mouth.

I could see Harry slouch, "I'm sorry, okay?"

Again, she let out a bitter laugh and shook her head, "no you're not, Harry. Just do me a favor and leave me alone, alright?"

"Em," Harry called to her as she made her way down the hallway and towards the elevator, "don't leave." It was in vain, though, because she just continued to hurry away while slipping her hat over her head. Harry turned back towards the door and I thought that he would notice me standing in my doorway, but he only walked through his room's door yelling a very audible, "God dammit!" and slamming the door. I actually weighed my options and decided that it would be best to give him time alone so that he could cool down. Everyone seemed to be having fights lately... I just hoped that I wouldn't be next.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

At about two thirty five in the morning on Wednesday of the following week, there was more yelling coming from the hallway of the hotel. It had woken me up, but Annalise managed to sleep through the commotion. Honestly, she had been complaining about her headache and I had to go get her some sleeping medicine to dull the pain and help her to get to bed. So, I doubted that she would even wake up if the incredible Hulk came into the room and started to swing her around as if she was a rag doll.